Default What according to you is the next big thing?

There has been a lot of buzz lately, when it comes to the term "Cloud", be it Hybrid or Full. And there is this hype about Internet of things(IoT) and also Big data.

What I personally feel is that the next big thing will be a mixture of all three of these technologies, but it's just that there will be an overlay over all of it. What's your take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin03 View Post
    There has been a lot of buzz lately, when it comes to the term "Cloud", be it Hybrid or Full. And there is this hype about Internet of things(IoT) and also Big data.

What I personally feel is that the next big thing will be a mixture of all three of these technologies, but it's just that there will be an overlay over all of it. What's your take on this?
    @Robin...good take but I see IoT yet to fill that promise that was expected!

But, I do agree that Hybrid cloud is the future, without a shadow of doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin03 View Post

I love the fact how IoT is helping me make informed decisions, but I highly even doubt how effective it is in terms of the security part...especially home security. There are still loopholes that need to be patched.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    I love the fact how IoT is helping me make informed decisions, but I highly even doubt how effective it is in terms of the security part...especially home security. There are still loopholes that need to be patched.
    I have to agree with Chris on this...maybe we need to tighten the security a bit from the inside, say for instance a firewall/router that alerts a user of the internal happenings, but this is different topic as a whole.

I would say security/privacy aspect of IoT adoption comes at the forefront in this. I have no doubt in my mind that augmented reality is the future, what I feel is people are going out and socializing with each other, which did not happen previously. Think about Counter strike, all the multiplayer's being pitted against each other!