Default Any idea to create a Internet store?

I have some knowledge in the field of web programming but have never worked on a website. I am not aware if there's a system available which might be simple and easy to build Internet store. I want the Paypal and high level of security included. Sales will maximum be in Canada and USA but in general anywhere globally.

Please tell what are your products?

I am planning for home furniture mostly vintage and antique pieces.

I think Wordpress + Woocommerce along with a good premium paid theme is done.

Originally posted by Scott Jacobs: I think Wordpress + Woocommerce along with a good premium paid theme is done.
    This is what I too was going to suggest. Acutally that's perfect! You get something professional looking.

Default Any idea to create a Internet store?

You simply need a professionally designed theme which can be created as below -

1. Use a Shopify expert.
    2. Customize a theme.
    3. Bring your clients to Shopify.
    4. Insight into your customers.

Opencart is also one of the best options. With its most integrated payment gateway out of the box, it becomes easy to modify if you know a little HTML and CSS. In my business, I purchase a theme from Themeforest for my clients, customize it a bit and off we go.

I find Wordpress with Woocommerce to be extremely slow loading unless your server offers high speed.

Why don't you opt for popular e-commerce friendly web hosting service? Talking about shopping cart, I will suggest Magento, OS Commerce, WooCommerce, etc.

There are lots of plugins which are easy to use with WordPress. That would be better.

I have gone with Woocommerce and found it best or else even Shopify is another option.

11. Default

No doubt about Shopify but I find Prestashop is the best.