Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Multiple ISP carriers from the data center where the cloud or cloud application is hosted. Latency varies between carriers and I've seen services with very poor response times which can be traced to the serving carrier.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    What I have noticed is that everytime most of the talks are based around cost and risk, expenses for upfront security to lower down odds of breach. It should be understood that there is no need to spend millions of dollars when the work to be done can be managed for a measly 100k.

  3. #23

    Default

    I see many people misleading their peers with information that is bound to get them confused, yes there are risks involved but to say that you will be definitely secure is an understatement.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    You can say that customers might struggle to understand the different cloud models and also the cost and security aspects of the different models.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinW07 View Post
    You can say that customers might struggle to understand the different cloud models and also the cost and security aspects of the different models.
    I see companies opting for various cloud providers out there but the thing is that there is no point in choosing the best cloud company, when your team needs and capabilities are different right?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin03 View Post
    I see companies opting for various cloud providers out there but the thing is that there is no point in choosing the best cloud company, when your team needs and capabilities are different right?
    I too agree with the same, the fact that there are so many different cloud methodologies out there and people still tend to stick with the same stuff which isn't even needed.

  7. #27

    Default

    I see data breach and security as the two main factors that always come into consideration while surveying cloud models. Also, we need to take into consideration that not all the cloud providers are not born equal, so questions need to be asked.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveLloyd View Post
    I see data breach and security as the two main factors that always come into consideration while surveying cloud models. Also, we need to take into consideration that not all the cloud providers are not born equal, so questions need to be asked.
    My thoughts exactly!

    One needs to ask questions like where the data will be held, where the backups are, and who has access to them and other details in the agreement.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

    One needs to ask questions like where the data will be held, where the backups are, and who has access to them and other details in the agreement.
    On top of that I have always been asked this question...what if the internet goes down...what then? I have failed to answer this question.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    The only thing that scares me is that fact that many people are building legacy clouds and get disappointed when it comes to the controlling cost of unmanaged services.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •