Default VPS with IP's for SSL

Looking to move to a VPS from a few shared plans we have and wondering if we can avail 6 ip's with the vps. The accounts are currently using their own IP as they have SSL on it. Wanted to know if those ip's could be retained or if we can get new ip's on the single VPS.

Hi Liane, Sure additional IP's are possible with valid justification. Would these IP's be needed for SSL?

Yes only for SSL, otherwise I wouldn't need them at all. It adds up to the extra cost anyway for us ;p

Not sure if you are aware that SSL's can now be installed on the same shared IP and doesn't need a dedicated IP for installation. Please confirm if you are ok with this and I guess you can also cut down the costs involved here

As mentioned by Amelia, you can install multiple SSL on the same IP i.e. SNI. The SNI is supported in cPanel/WHM and Plesk control panel as well. In addition, CloudLinux also support SNI. So, it’s advisable to use one single IP for multiple SSL as it will save your cost.
    Jeremy Calvey Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
    Ph.: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

You will just need to make sure you will enable SNI support while installing the SSL certificate.

Is there any document in details to understand it better for cPanel as well as Plesk control panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Is there any document in details to understand it better for cPanel as well as Plesk control panel?
    I am not sure what exactly you are trying to ask. Documentation for SSL?

To do SSL installation with SNI support.