Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Project Management Tools have impressed you the most?

So I was using Evernote the other day for managing project issues as I was writing a technical specification was getting real time feedback from the client and it's cleanly organized and my word doc doesn't seem to have 400 little comments inside it. Has anyone else been impressed by a project management tool recently?

I too use and am thoroughly impressed, mainly about how simple and affordable yet powerful it is. Tasks can be easily delegated, updated and closed. It can also handle time management, as you can start a clock that keeps track of time spent on a task.

Been using Trello for a while and once the task is completed, a simple check box can be clicked to close that task easily and remove it from the active view, which does a good job of eliminating clutter as much as possible.

We use Project Online for our project management needs. It's easy to use and the licensing cost is relatively low. I personally like the resource management and portfolio management features.

Now, I do not know about others but I think Trello is more geared towards startups and small teams of say around 8-10 people. Any more than that and you have other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveLloyd View Post
    Now, I do not know about others but I think Trello is more geared towards startups and small teams of say around 8-10 people. Any more than that and you have other options available.
    Care to enlighten more on the other options you are talking about for businesses with sizeable employees?

Just the other day a friend of mine told me their devteam uses wrike...Anyone has come across this project management tool before? I am interested in trying out but would love to hear some insights before even applying for it.

Trello is good, and I use it, but it's not intended to be a project management tool from what I see. It's essentially a to-do list. Still, a beautifully done app that I love a lot.

I have not needed spreadsheets or Microsoft Project in years... There are many tools out there but for me, I rather stick to the ones that gather good metrics with little or no context switching.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinW07 View Post
    Just the other day a friend of mine told me their devteam uses wrike...Anyone has come across this project management tool before? I am interested in trying out but would love to hear some insights before even applying for it.
    Wrike is pretty sweet but it tends to compliment for the larger plan. There is another one which goes by the name Taigo which I highly recommend for it's simple and straight-forward agile project management. I would recommend you check out both of those.

I been looking for a software that eliminates time and efoort spent manually sifting, gathering, and consolidating project data by viewing streamlined visual representations of key indicators and trend analysis...if anyone know of such do let me know!

We been facing a challenge lately in regards to MS project which is visibility, managing multiple projects can get cumbersome. Lemme know if you guys have a solution to this issue.

More details on project management needs would be appreciated! Also are these for basic task coordination?

I been testing Teamwork for a while and love how easy it is to learn. I believe it is a good tool for project management as it is very powerful and comprehensive.

Not sure if you guys have come across this tool that goes by the name "Xamun", which seems like a new entrant in this field and so far the tool has only impressed me but only time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    Not sure if you guys have come across this tool that goes by the name "Xamun", which seems like a new entrant in this field and so far the tool has only impressed me but only time will tell!
    How long have you been using the tool?

Also. what aspects of Xamun did you like the most?

How does it compare to other project management tools out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    How long have you been using the tool?

Also. what aspects of Xamun did you like the most?

How does it compare to other project management tools out there?

Just split tested that tool and have recently added Jira in the mix. Both are pretty good. I would say the major taking points aree the end-to-end integration and in-built capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    Just split tested that tool and have recently added Jira in the mix. Both are pretty good. I would say the major taking points aree the end-to-end integration and in-built capabilities
    We too have started using JIRA along with Evernote for some specific tasks and daily assignments and found it to be very handy. We coudn't have asked for anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinW07 View Post
    We too have started using JIRA along with Evernote for some specific tasks and daily assignments and found it to be very handy. We coudn't have asked for anymore.
    Are you trying to say that the two tools that you are currently using, have pretty much everything integrated for your needs?

Quote Originally Posted by CliveLloyd View Post
    Are you trying to say that the two tools that you are currently using, have pretty much everything integrated for your needs?
    Pretty much, yes!

Evernote without a doubt is my preferred option but we have also added JIRA in the mix