Default Is it right to have cloud hosting instead of having VPS hosting?

Hi,

I am owning 2 Prestashop eCommerce stores hosted on shared hosting and planning to move those to VPS hosting. But with Cloud buzzing the hosting market today, would it be right to move on to VPS?

VPS (Virtual Private Server) is similar to a Cloud Server. It operates from a single hardware node and local storage normally, the cloud server operates from a cluster and cloud storage normally. The Cloud Server offers high availability and more secured data as it is uses multiple replicas in real-time instead of raid.

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to both these terms. Can I built up an online store over a cloud server? Do you have one that suits my needs?

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Hi,

I am a complete newbie to both these terms. Can I built up an online store over a cloud server? Do you have one that suits my needs?
    Yes, you can host your online store over a cloud server. And it would be an affordable option as well due to pay-as-you-go billing model. However, figure out which shopping cart you wish to put on, as its all start from there…

Hi,

You can also self-manage a server. Windows servers are well super easy everything is point and click, Linux is also easy, just requires a bit of research to learn the commands. I would say go for CentOS.

Your question completely depends on the type of traffic (low or high) your stores are receiving and where do you see your site going in the future. But choosing a VPS seems viable.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Hi,

I am owning 2 Prestashop eCommerce stores hosted on shared hosting and planning to move those to VPS hosting. But with Cloud buzzing the hosting market today, would it be right to move on to VPS?
    Hi,
    Cloud would be best because you will have complete freedom to configure your server resources, it can be upgraded at any point of time, and you have you pay only for what you have consumed.

In terms of performance, cloud servers and VPS are the same. The only advantage on a cloud is, that you can quickly scale your server in moment...

In Cloud hosting you can scale your configuration as per your growing needs and it takes no time to set up, just pay what you have consumed and upgrade server resources at any point of time.

Cloud hosting offers many advantages over normal VPS or Semi-Dedicated due to the number of servers that are being used for a single cluster. If you or your business rely greatly on your website, Cloud hosting is the best suitable option for you. You can customize the resources of Cloud server anytime. Cloud server are more reliable as compared to a VPS. As VPS is based on software visualization platform. In cloud there is a cluster of servers, where the load is shared to maintain the up-time, availability and performance.

Cloud hosting offers many advantages over normal VPS.

The architecture of cloud hosting, utilize groups of high specification servers, network attached storage devices to reliably serve every web page, and image of a website. In case of Cloud Server, you can upgrade the RAM, space and CPU individually in case you need more resources in future, unlike in VPS, where you have to upgrade the entire package, even if you require just more space or other resources.