Default SSD VPS or Standard VPS - Which is better?

Hi,

I am planning for VPS hosting but which should I go SSD VPS or Standard VPS?

It will solely depend on what kind of content you are trying to serve. If space is not a big concern for you then I suggest you go with SSD, as it will make a big difference. What's your budget like? If budget is not an issue then SSD is anyday a better option.

Hi,

Even I would suggest you to choose SSD though you might need to spend high as compared to Standard VPS.

Still confused on which SSD VPS to choose from 1 core and 8 core if the price is almost same?

This depends on the factors like the specs of VPS, type of hardware, type of software or is it oversold, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin03 View Post
    It will solely depend on what kind of content you are trying to serve. If space is not a big concern for you then I suggest you go with SSD, as it will make a big difference. What's your budget like? If budget is not an issue then SSD is anyday a better option.
    yes, you are right it is completely depends upon the website.

But how would you know if it is oversold or no?

I just know SSD is always faster if it's really a SSD.

But with HDD you get large storage while with SSD storage is small. If your going to use your VPS as backup for example then HDD is for you, but if your going to use it to host websites, then SSD is highly recommended.

VPS with SSD drive is quite complicated thing. The management of this type of service completely depends on the web hosting provider. With a dedicated SSD, everything will be managed well. But if this drive is divided among several users, you will need to face several problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Anderson View Post
    VPS with SSD drive is quite complicated thing. The management of this type of service completely depends on the web hosting provider. With a dedicated SSD, everything will be managed well. But if this drive is divided among several users, you will need to face several problems.
    You are absolutely right Elizabeth because to get optimum performance online SSD virtual servers are best as compared to ordinary VPS.

You should choose the VPS which will be exclusively dedicated SSD drive. Then you will not have any problems. Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to limit the IOPS, it allows you to do just CloudLinux OS but it is not often seen at hosts. But despite all this, SSD is much faster than SAS or SATA HDD.

In terms of time take for accessing the data SSD's are 100 times faster than the HDD'S as data can be accessed instantaneously resulting in total system acceleration. An annual failure rate for SSDs is of tenths of 1% while for HDDs can run as high as 4 to 6 percent. SSDs are shock resistant while moving part of HDDs make them them susceptible to shock and damage.

Right, SSD's are more durable, reliable, way way fast which is good for gaming experience.