Default Installing Git on Fedora 20

Hi,

I have gone through the kb related to installing Git on Fedora 22. But I have Fedora 20 version, so what should I do? Is that I will have to update Fedora?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Taylor View Post
    Hi,

I have gone through the kb related to installing Git on Fedora 22. But I have Fedora 20 version, so what should I do? Is that I will have to update Fedora?
    First, you will assume a simple best practice: ensuring the software systems are up to date before installing anything new.

yum -y update

And so it’s a subject of simply being given one line program for installation via yum:

yum -y install git

At one time this command is complete, git will be set up and ready to use!

As of the writing of this tutorial, the current version of Git available in the Liquid Web yum repositories is: git version 1.9.3. You can find the version of git that was lay up by using the following command:

git --version

Configuration

To prevent any commit errors, it’s a good idea to setup your user for git. We’ll change over to the user testuser (which we’re espousing is a user on your server) with the e-mail address [email protected].

su testuser
    git config --global user.name "testuser"
    git config --global user.email "[email protected]"

Following we’ll verify the configuration changes by looking at the. Git config.

git config --list