Default Shared Hosting Drawbacks

Hi,

Shared hosting has so many drawbacks, does that mean that we shouldn't at all opt for shared web hosting plan or it's good to start with it?

Hi,

I have my website hosted on a Linux shared server and it is running very well for me. I have design and develop my webiste on wordpress CMS and for a start shared servers are worth.

Hi,

Shared Hosting is always good to start with, if you are a start-up company. All shared hosting providers offer their services with a user-friendly web based Control Panel, so it is easy to upload your site, create email accounts and a database. Also, it eliminates the headache and time for sever management as service provider needs to take care of the server maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ross View Post
    Hi,

I have my website hosted on a Linux shared server and it is running very well for me. I have design and develop my webiste on wordpress CMS and for a start shared servers are worth.
    How does that relate to this thread?

If you are just starting out, a shared hosting plan should be more than enough for your needs. Once you start gaining traction then you can opt for VPS or dedicated server according to your site metrics.

Hello Everyone,
    I think considering the hosting plan is completely depending upon couple of factors like what is the background of the website, how many users do you expect, Software you will be installing is allowed on that particular hosting plan, etc. More often people consider shared hosting plans is when a website is startup and there are few thousands of your expected on website or it might a blog website, or a personal introduction with hardly couple of pages as it becomes a very cost effective solution to consider.

thankyou..

Hello,

If its a basic website its always recommended to start with a shared package just because it gives you a technical interface (control panel) from where you can manage your website, you can also track the resources usage. If in case you think that shared package and the resources allocated are not enough and you need to improve the speed and performance of your website, than you can go for a VPS or a dedicated server where you have your own dedicated resources, this movement is called as an Upgrade.