Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Password Tools...anyone?

What password management tools are the best from ease of use and security perspective?
    Have heard of LastPass, Keeper, etc. but not sure which is best or better tools out there?

For "general information workers", I would assert that it is better not to rely on password management tools, but rather to use 2-factor authentication.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    For "general information workers", I would assert that it is better not to rely on password management tools, but rather to use 2-factor authentication.
    Agreed but don't you think the two factor verification by Google requires the website/service to support it. So say if the apps are not created by your own organization then it's of no use.

Been using Roboform since like 2 years now and I like the fact that it Very easy to use, affordable, has cloud sync across multiple devices, and has multifactor security options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    Good suggestion but chances are on a bad day you might forget your password or you are in another country where phone network isn't supported. Best bet is to change your password every quarter or you can opt for paid solution like CyberArk's Enterprise Password Vault wherein your passwords are stored in a secured location.

My suggestions are - Sticky Password, Keeper Password Manager & Digital Vault 8 and Zoho Vault.

Which is the best one out of these all you have suggested and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    Which is the best one out of these all you have suggested and why?
    There is no such thing as best as it all depends on your user experience. I have started using Keepass and it seems relatively simple , but fairly robust for most applications.

Recently I have started using this very handy tool called Yubikey which integrates well with last pass. Basically, what it does is offer two-factor authentication with a simple touch of a button.

KeePass is relatively simple, but fairly robust for most applications. Strong encryption and portability make that my favorite for both personal and business use.

For minor related tasks I am yet to find a tool that compliments this. There is tool that compliments this but it will be interesting to see how reliable and stable enough it is.

I been using Lastpass, installed not too long ago. Also, started using Roboform just to split test it with Lastpass but LP seems to get my nod due to it's simple interface and it's user friendly.

Keeping them within a browser is extremely unsecure. Google, as well as Mozilla and others have claimed it is very easy to grab your passwords if they are stored "inside" of the browsers own password manager and recommend you use one from a company.

Do you guys use the same password derived from the password manager for all the online properties that you are a member of or what?

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    Do you guys use the same password derived from the password manager for all the online properties that you are a member of or what?
    I do not know about others but I always make it a point to use a different password for each of the properties that I am part of. Also, I store my passwords offline as I do not want to take the risk of saving them on browsers.

Lastpass and Keepass are the two of the tools that I am aware of. I believe Lastpass is hosted only service that provides a ton of features.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinW07 View Post
    Lastpass and Keeppass are the two of the tools that I am aware of. I believe Lastpass is hosted only service that provides a ton of features.
    I too am using Keepass for a long time and it's a slick tool out there. Quite sure it supports almost every OS/device out there and can even sync using varied methods.

Password managers are the way to go but make sure to avoid keeping them in browser as they are insecure. See if you can get hold of a cloud solution for this.

I make it a point to store all my private stuff on Cloud and external hard drive.

Like all the tools, there are pro's and con's. Rather than opting for storing all the individual passwords, common password phrases are merged together with the meta-data for each account.