Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cloud Trends for 2015

here we are wrapping up month 9 in 2015. wow that flew by. fiscal 2015 is now complete at most enterprises.
    what are the trends and statistics that jump out over the last 8 months?

I would say Cloud is more of an industrial business and there are no place for "amateurs" or small players but there is still room for small players to grow

Password Management tools is something I would like to see being introduced...like for instance Google has 2-factor authentication. Google's authenticator is a great 2-factor tool that any software maker can take take advantage of, and it has client apps available for just about any platform.

I think that the biggest buzz words for next year, IoT, BYOD, online identity management, etc. are all going to be back ended by Cloud. What I mean to say is that 'cloud' might not be the top tech for 2016 but it is fundamental to the success of those projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    Password Management tools is something I would like to see being introduced...like for instance Google has 2-factor authentication. Google's authenticator is a great 2-factor tool that any software maker can take take advantage of, and it has client apps available for just about any platform.
    Do you mean to say Google's Authenticator (2-factor) instead of password managers specifically? If yes then I see the point where in there will be ease-of-use. Google Authenticator does require you have your mobile-phone with you, but in this day and age, I think that is a pretty reasonable assumption to have!

Hi,

I think use of containers is the biggest trend in 2015. Containers feature application development, cost effectiveness and portability. Here's an article which I went through an article that proves why containers are so trendy right now... http://bodhost.com/blog/docker-conta...and-heres-why/

Well, we can expect CPUs that allow larger instances or at least more virtual machines per server. And in the Networking side where SDN (Software Defined Networks) rapid evolution continues so at the end of this year can expect some new features and performance records.
    Jeremy Calvey Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
    Ph.: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

I see "desktop as a service" and "security as a service" as two trends. DAAS being a trend for 2015 and forward, and the security as a service model being relatively new and potential to be disruptive as the smb market pays a monthly fee per user or endpoint for security vs traditional models.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    I see "desktop as a service" and "security as a service" as two trends. DAAS being a trend for 2015 and forward, and the security as a service model being relatively new and potential to be disruptive as the smb market pays a monthly fee per user or endpoint for security vs traditional models.
    Interesting and timely remarks Ashton... Although Cloud still drives a lot of business for us here , I've experienced more movement of our managed services offerings with SAAS, particularly growth within the legal vertical, emphasis with the mid size law firms.

As organizations increase their understanding of Cloud, I think more and more of them are warming up to it. I think next year it will be more about identity management.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin03 View Post
    Interesting and timely remarks Ashton... Although Cloud still drives a lot of business for us here , I've experienced more movement of our managed services offerings with SAAS, particularly growth within the legal vertical, emphasis with the mid size law firms.
    By outsourcing the desktop and security small to medium size law firms should be able to review case files, store video depositions, and track billable hours without hiring a non-revenue generating staff member to manage it all.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    By outsourcing the desktop and security small to medium size law firms should be able to review case files, store video depositions, and track billable hours without hiring a non-revenue generating staff member to manage it all.
    I have recently heard of at least one leading firewall and endpoint management provider moving to the SaaS model with some never heard of features, such as encryption that includes the ability to proactively remove keys off a stolen device. Potentially speeding up remediation of an incident to a few hours instead of days.

I still see a lot of space for small providers, but mostly due to a lack of understanding of what the industrial offerings convey. A business model I haven't seen yet, but expect to, is the "interconnect" style, where a small or medium provider will have space on different service providers, and resell that space to SMBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinW07 View Post
    I still see a lot of space for small providers, but mostly due to a lack of understanding of what the industrial offerings convey. A business model I haven't seen yet, but expect to, is the "interconnect" style, where a small or medium provider will have space on different service providers, and resell that space to SMBs.
    SMB will use services companies to access the large vendors because they don't have the expertise to manage these very rich and complex solutions. Large organizations will work directly with the key vendors.

2016 will see many of the big players leave the market(not sure if I can name them over here).But, I see the arrival of a new trend which goes by the name Vertical public clouds.

I see commercial products being created wherein companies will look to integrate products with the theme of drones and how they can integrate cloud services with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    I see commercial products being created wherein companies will look to integrate products with the theme of drones and how they can integrate cloud services with them.
    I don't get how one would link drones with PaaS kind of applications. Best bet would be to create a video integration tool that can pull the feeds from multiple drones and create a 3d model.

I believe many of the major players have failed to make a big impact on the cloud market. I see lots of increase in companies providing managed services.

I know this might sound a bit odd but I see companies using drones with enough processing power and range that..these would be better off in areas where there is poor existing bandwidth.

I seriously think the predictions made by you guys about companies have gone wrong as, the major players have not made a reasonable impact on the Cloud market.