Default Control Panel not opening in Windows 7

Hi,

I am currently preferring Windows 7 OS and facing a problem with the control panel / system restore window. The problem is that when I open the control panel / system restore window it appears to be blank. I tried to upgrade to Windows 8 but the problem still persists. What is the problem with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Emma,
    You can refer to the following steps and see if it helps.

* Step 1.Verify Windows Update services:

1. Click the "Start" Button, in the "Start Search" bar, type: "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. Double click the service "Windows Update".
    3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.
    4. Please repeat the above steps with the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.
    You can also temporarily stop these services, restart the computer, and then start these services again. If any service is missing or cannot be stopped or restarted, please let me know.

* Step 2.Rename WU temporary folders:

1. Click "Start", in "Start Search" item, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
    2. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop Cryptsvc
    cd /d %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
    rd /s /q DataStore
    ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start Cryptsvc
    3. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "register.bat" as the file name and choose "Desktop" from the left panel as the location.
    4. Refer to the Desktop and right click the register.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator".
    5. You will see a DOS-like window processing.
    After that, please check if updates can be installed correctly.
    Hope this helps. Thank you.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Dean Spencer Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
    Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Hi Emma,

You can do one thing, to solve the problem of blank control panel / system restore window in Windows 7, re-register the following dll files -

vbscript.dll
    jscript.dll
    mshtml.dll

Hope this will help you.

Thanks for your answers. But what if this happens with Windows 8? Is that the same procedures I need to follow?

Hello Emma,

This is a good question actually even I am not sure if it will be same for windows 8 as well, however I am surely going to discuss this query with our expert tech admins today and get back to you with the answer to this by tomorrow.

Feel free to contact our support admins via Live chat for an instant help.

Regards,
    Dean Spencer Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
    Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628