Default How hard is it to manage a VPS?

I want to learn how to run my own server.....how hard is it?

Managing VPS is not really difficult.....some Webhosting companies offer management services too. You can go for linux VPS with cPanel and its really easy to manage cPanel server.

OP there are also companies available that can manage your VPS 24/7.

As far as i know administrating a VPS is not that difficult because all Web Hosts provide user friendly control panels like cPanel (for Linux based VPS) and WebsitePanel (For Windows based VPS).

If you are not technical savvy with VPS management but if you are good with linux command then the solution is webmin.com. which is great tool to manage your vps.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonK View Post
    I want to learn how to run my own server.....how hard is it?
    It depends on your system administration knowledge. If you are a beginner then it may take a very long time for you to understand how to manage server properly. IMO, you should start with managed service where you will get root access as well so you can side by side learn system administration plus you can host applications and websites.
    Follow us on - Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: [email protected]
    Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Hello Everyone,

A lot depends upon your technical knowledge. If you are not that technically sound you can go for Linux based server with WHM c-Panel as the control panel which are very user friendly. The second best part of these servers are they have all the necessary Video Tutorials along with them. You also have the root access to understand the concept and enhance your knowledge by using the 24/7 support line.

You can also make modification as per your request as you will get full root access to server. You can always get assistance from our technical team which is available 24x7x365 days.

All the necessary applications will be pre-installed on the server so you will get a ready to use server. Updates are done upon request but it will be taken care of by our support team.