Default cPanel and Git Issue

Hi,

I want to connect to a git created on the cPanel. What should I use? I have already tried accessing through SSH but didn't work.

Hi,

You can connect to a git created on the cPanel through this - /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/git

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Anderson View Post
    Hi,

I want to connect to a git created on the cPanel. What should I use? I have already tried accessing through SSH but didn't work.
    Hello Elizabeth,

I hope you must be aware by now that the GIT is already included on the cPanel 11.36 and above.
    Thanks -Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hello Elizabeth,

I hope you must be aware by now that the GIT is already included on the cPanel 11.36 and above.
    Thanks -Danny
    Hi Danny,

I am aware that the Git is included with cPanel 11.36 or later as I say in the shout for help.

What I'd like to know is when I install Git on my WHM, how can I give access to my cPanel users to Push and Pull files to only their account? And how do I allow my cPanel users to only create/add/delete/edit repos on their account?

Is there some sort of cPanel/WHM/Git help?
    Has anyone been able to do anything like this?

Thanks- Tristian

Quote Originally Posted by Tristian View Post
    Hi Danny,

I am aware that the Git is included with cPanel 11.36 or later as I say in the shout for help.

What I'd like to know is when I install Git on my WHM, how can I give access to my cPanel users to Push and Pull files to only their account? And how do I allow my cPanel users to only create/add/delete/edit repos on their account?

Is there some sort of cPanel/WHM/Git help?
    Has anyone been able to do anything like this?

Thanks- Tristian
    Hello Tristian,
    I see that we have the same wishes.
    It looks like it's not so easy to achieve what we want.

There are problems with the default cPanel git install it seems. (based on my tests with WHM 11.36.1 (build 5) )

A) The 'git' command is not automatically added to the $PATH environment during the upgrade.
    B) Pushing to a repo over http/https will not be possible, because cPanel did not enable USE_CURL_MULTI while compiling git.

Now, there may be other issues as well but that is as far as I got before hitting that limitation.

If somebody knows the commands to fix these issues, I may consider writing a WHM plugin to quick install a new git repo into a user's account.

Thanks -Bella.