Default FTP : Concurrent users

can you pease let me know the limit for concurrent access to FTP?

Thanks!

Your FTP server most probably has a setting that will allow you to limit the number of concurrent connections from an IP address to 1. I would use that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouame View Post
    can you pease let me know the limit for concurrent access to FTP?

Thanks!
    We allow approximately 500 concurrent connections to FTP on Shared hosting account, out of which 10 connection for single IP. However, if you kept connection idle for more than 15 minutes then connection will be timed out. Also, avoid uploading massive data at one time. Note: in case of 5 fail login attempts your IP will get block due to CSF firewall setting.

Personally, I would suggest you to prefer VPS hosting if you need more custom configuration for the FTP access.
    Follow us on - Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: [email protected]
    Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Quote Originally Posted by CliveLloyd View Post
    Your FTP server most probably has a setting that will allow you to limit the number of concurrent connections from an IP address to 1. I would use that setting.
    Read before you jump. He is not looking for a solution to limit concurrent connection from a single IP. The question is about concurrent access to FTP, which I have explained at my levels best in above response.

Thanks for the reply Paul.

Actually we have a team of 5 who would need consistent and concurrent access to FTP for managing multiple websites, all from the same IP address, plus a few more from other locations/IPs. How much IPS would I get with recommended VPS solution? Also let me know the specifications that comes with VPS.

You will get 2 Dedicated IPs free with the VPS hosting solutions. You can refer to following link to go through various VPS packages available : http://www.bodhost.com/linux-vps-hosting.php.

Please feel free to get in touch via email at [email protected] or Skype_id : stuart.hancock89 if you have additional queries or concerns.

How may additional IPs can I get on this server? How much each additional IP will cost?

Default FTP: Concurrent Users

How may additional IPs can I get on this server? How much each additional IP will cost?
    Hi,

As mentioned by Stuart you will get 2 dedicated IPs with VPS hosting, for each additional IP you will have to pay $2 with justification.

Is there any limt on IP's to be assigned?

Is there any limt on IP's to be assigned?
    Hello Kouame,

Adding up to what Stuart and Pallavi said.. If you consider our VPS hosting you will be given 2 dedicated Ip's included. At the initial stage one 1 IP will be given to you and to get the 2nd Ip you will only need to raise a ticket in our tech support department with a justification of the usage and it will be provided to you for free as it is inclusive.

Now if you wish to have additional IP's rather then the 2 Ip's included, You will need to buy every single Ip at $2.00 per month or $20.00 Annually by providing us a justification for the usage. Justification is need to avoid the misuse of the Dedicated Ip's.

We can provide you as much as dedicated Ip's you need if considered a private server, however there should be a valid justification for the same. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
    Edward Stone Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com

No, btw how many IPs you want?

it would be mostly for the SSL certificate assigned to the domains and for High-Volume Traffic.

it would be mostly for the SSL certificate assigned to the domains and for High-Volume Traffic.
    Hello Kouame,

We do offer a free dedicated Ip with the purchase of an SSL Certificate from our website.

Thanks and Regards,
    Edward Stone Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com

That's Great! Just wondering what is the difference between Extended and Organzational SSL certificate?