Default Difference Between Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting

Hello!
    What are basic difference between reseller hosting and VPS hosting? Please give me some suggestion about it.

Can I host IRC clients or server?

Most of the hosting provider do not allow IRC at this time.

If my customer need a special module installed, can I do that?

It will depend on your hosting provider.
    In this case, you can choose vps hosting.

Can I upgrade my reseller account?

Reseller plans can be upgraded according to the increase in resource consumption. You can even get your own dedicated server for reseller hosting purposes if required.

Post Re:

VPS is much the same level with dedicated server, so you can create reseller accounts. However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Crish Bronzs View Post
    VPS is much the same level with dedicated server, so you can create reseller accounts. However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.
    I agree with you, crish. I believe it's important to double check your preferred VPS before registering at them. basically we have to check if we are compatible with this hosting to avoid problems in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by raismith View Post
    I agree with you, crish. I believe it's important to double check your preferred VPS before registering at them. basically we have to check if we are compatible with this hosting to avoid problems in the end.
    Somewhat I agree with you, but honestly you will not suffer any problem with vps server, because web host provide fully managed vps solutions. So in case you stuck with any issue web host's support department will be there to assist you.

And FYI vps offer similar environment like dedicated server where you get a root access to your account and able to reboot your vps server independently. And with control panel you can easily manage your clients activities. Those days are now gone when people think it's difficult to use vps. The latest technological innovations in the hosting world made everything simple to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    So in case you stuck with any issue web host's support department will be there to assist you.
    Yeah, however some support sucks, sometimes the package is very good but the support isn't. for me, aside from the package hosting, I wanted also to check if support is nice. I've encountered some emailing you ticket supports and their response to you would take a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by raismith View Post
    Yeah, however some support sucks, sometimes the package is very good but the support isn't. for me, aside from the package hosting, I wanted also to check if support is nice. I've encountered some emailing you ticket supports and their response to you would take a million years.
    Yes, it is very important that you choose a hosting company that offers you 24/7 technical support. If the prices are reasonable and packed with features and if the user is unable to receive any support when required, then the package isn't anymore useful.

While choosing a hosting provider, it might be possible that you will have to compromise on some factors but if most of the requirements are fulfilled, you should go ahead with the order.

It is extremely important to select the right web hosting company. You must ensure if the web hosting company provides with the basic features like 24/7 technical support, server monitoring and latest technology updates. A round the clock technical assistance is extremely important because if there is any issue with the website, it can be taken care of within a short span of time and the possibilities of downtime can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineRussel View Post
    It is extremely important to select the right web hosting company. You must ensure if the web hosting company provides with the basic features like 24/7 technical support, server monitoring and latest technology updates. A round the clock technical assistance is extremely important because if there is any issue with the website, it can be taken care of within a short span of time and the possibilities of downtime can be avoided.
    To add more to this I would suggest one should look for a provider with 24*7 support with Live Chat or Phone support. As it may take a while to update a ticket but when on live chat you can resolve a issue rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    To add more to this I would suggest one should look for a provider with 24*7 support with Live Chat or Phone support. As it may take a while to update a ticket but when on live chat you can resolve a issue rather quickly.
    When a service provider claim that they have 24x7 customer support with Live Chat or Phone, then it is necessary to check a human sat there waiting to answer your questions and if there is a human then you also need to check that they have brains and abilities to resolve your issues and will not just read from the script and offer you the stock answers.
    Follow us on - Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin
    Contact us: Live Chat | Email: [email protected]
    Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

It is possible to find out the quality of support offered on Live chat as well as Phone or via Emails by contacting the Support team. The response time, the language used etc. can provide a lot of information about the quality of support offered. It might be possible that the 1st impression ins't good enough and if this happens, the support team should be given a couple of chances to prove themselves.

Now a days most of the hosting companies have realized that Support is the Backbone of the Hosting World. So most of them have raised their standards in terms of Customer Service and Support. You go with any company they have a blinking 24/7 toll free number listed on the websites and also a pop-up Live Chat option which really helps the user to get the right solution in the first go.