Thread: VPS and VDS

Default VPS and VDS

Hello everybody. I just want to know is there any difference between VPS or VDS. I have heard a lot about both. So please anyone can point out the difference between them.
    Thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    Hello everybody. I just want to know is there any difference between VPS or VDS. I have heard a lot about both. So please anyone can point out the difference between them.
    Thanx in advance.
    Well, there isnt any difference between both, VPS stands for "<a href="http://www.bodhost.com/" target="_blank" title="virtual private server"style="color:#000000;text-decoration:none">virtual private server</a>" and VDS stands for "<a href="http://www.bodhost.com/" target="_blank" title="virtual dedicated server"style="color:#000000;text-decoration:none">virtual dedicated server</a>".

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    Thanx in advance.
    VPS and VDS are same. A virtual server means you have access to the server and it is setup as if it's a dedicated server just the hardware is shared. They are more Resources dependent than Hardware .

I dont think there is a difference between Virtual dedicated server(VDS) and Virtual private server(VPS). They are one and the same. Interesting to see what others suggest. :

Robocop Guest

IMO, VPS is based on hosting multiple domains whereas VDS is related to dedicated or semi dedicated hosting. VPS has more support for multiple domain hosting.

VPS and VDS is one and the same. They are used by the hosting companies to designate root access.