Default Frequently asked questions

1) What type of hardware will my VPS be hosted on?

The type of hardware that your VPS account will be provisioned in depends on what type of account you by. We are offering L-VPS-01,L-VPS-02 and L-VPS-03 plans, all are having specific memory, disk space and bandwidth allowed.

General Server specifications are as follows:

* Intel Dual Core Xeon
    * 4 x 3.0GHz Processors with HT - 4 x 2MB Cache
    * 12 GB FB-DIMM Registered 667
    * 1000 Mbps Uplink
    * Host Ping and TCP Service Monitoring
    * Automated Reboot from Monitoring

2) What control panel choices do you offer?

Ans. Currently we are offering cPanel/WHM.

3) How long will it take to setup my account?

Ans. Bodhost.com VPS plans are configured to enable access to your server administration panel within 12-24 hours. The only ocassion when provisioning is delayed, is in the case of an order that recevies a high fraud score. To ensure that your account is built quickly please refrain from using free email services, and always ensure that you use accurate billing information.

4) What software do you use to provide VPS functionality?

Ans. Bodhost.com uses OpenVz to provide our VPS environments. OpenVz has recently been released by Sw-Soft to the Linux community. Plans are underway to add it to the core Linux kernel as well. OpenVz is the base of SW-Soft's popular commercial VPS platform. There are few differences between OpenVz and it's commercial conterpart from the end user prespective. Using OpenVz allows us to provide a rock-solid low cost VPS alternative to everyone!

We are provideing CentOs 4.x, Fedora Core X and Dabian OS's for VPS's.

5) What is the speed of your network?

Ans. All of our VPS nodes are plugged into our gigabit ethernet backbone. You will have access to multiple gigabits of premium tier-1 bandwidth.

6) Can I host an adult site?

Ans. Yes, as long as the site complies with our terms and acceptable use policy, in other words it has to be legal and you have to hold copyright releases to all information, included model releases.

7) What development languages/tools are included?

Ans. All VPS Web Hosting ome with GCC, python, Perl, and PHP available to compile and run today's most popular opensource applications.

8) Will my OS count against my disk space?

Ans. Your operating system files will count against your disk allocation. Operating system footprints vary between 125-300 megabytes.

9) Is the APF firewall supported?

Ans. Yes APF is 100% supported along with TAP/TUN.

10) Can I upgrade my kernel?

Ans. OpenVz does not allow for any kernel modifications. You will be running a variant of Linux 2.6 which is the latest stable Linux kernel.

11) Can I upgrade to another plan later?

Ans. Bodhost.com members area allows you to upgrade to another plan at any time in just seconds. Even a dedicated server can't do that!

Regards
    Sales Department
    url - http://www.bodhost.com/
    MSN - [email protected]
    Aim - Bodsupport

Thanks for the information, i have just registered for the forum, i really like the dynamism it, please provide me more information about your vps plans.

Quote Originally Posted by New Jacky View Post
    Thanks for the information, i have just registered for the forum, i really like the dynamism it, please provide me more information about your vps plans.
    Hello Jacky,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for an appreciation, what kind of information do you require from our end.

Regards
    Sales Department
    Url - http://www.bodhost.com/
    MSN - [email protected]

Well, i was basically looking into the VPS L-tech 03 plan, i was thinking to sign up for a long term contract beacuse what i look for is customer service. I also chatted to Ben on live chat,everything looks neat. Hoping you could give me some discounts.:D

Quote Originally Posted by New Jacky View Post
    Well, i was basically looking into the VPS L-tech 03 plan, i was thinking to sign up for a long term contract beacuse what i look for is customer service. I also chatted to Ben on live chat,everything looks neat. Hoping you could give me some discounts.:D
    Yes, that is basically a high configured virtual private server plan, however if you are looking for more customization, let us know, we could help you out. Yes, as far as long-term contract is concerned, Bodhost.com never holds customer by any such contracts,however this is possible but the customers are free to decide what is best for them.

We always look into provide quality hosting services with certainly suites our customer's budget. Why don't you opt for the christmas offer, where if you sign up for a month and you get the second month absolutely free.

Bodhost.com looks forward to provide you the best hosting services available. If you have any queries, please contact our sales department.

Regards
    Shane Melson
    Sales and Marketing Officer
    MSN - [email protected]
    Aim - Bodsupport

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Yes, that is basically a high configured virtual private server plan, however if you are looking for more customization, let us know, we could help you out. Yes, as far as long-term contract is concerned, Bodhost.com never holds customer by any such contracts,however this is possible but the customers are free to decide what is best for them.

We always look into provide quality hosting services with certainly suites our customer's budget. Why don't you opt for the christmas offer, where if you sign up for a month and you get the second month absolutely free.

Bodhost.com looks forward to provide you the best hosting services available. If you have any queries, please contact our sales department.

Regards
    Shane Melson
    Sales and Marketing Officer
    MSN - [email protected]
    Aim - Bodsupport
    Thanks alot for your time, at the moment i dont have much questions to ask, if there are any i will certainly contact the sales department.

Cheers

Please make a note that i have made payments through Credit Card and waiting for your setup.

Thanks for your payment, your VPS will be created within the next 15 min.

Bodhost.com Welcomes you to a bright new start.

Regards
    Shane Melson
    url - http://www.bodhost.com
    MSN - [email protected]
    AIM - Bodsupport