Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinstall VPS using SSH

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reinstall VPS using SSH

    Suggest me steps to reinstall VPS using SSH.

  • #2
    I think you will need to reinstall VPS from the control panel because when you install VPS you will lose your SSH connection.

    Comment


    • #3
      You need to contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue or you can do it from the client area if you have been given the access.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is there any serious reason you want to do it via SSH?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by: Oswald Coote I think you will need to reinstall VPS from the control panel because when you install VPS you will lose your SSH connection.
          The explanation is quite simple and now I get why web hosting is requiring users to reinstall their VPS on their hosting control panel.

          Originally posted by: Gary McGain Is there any serious reason you want to do it via SSH?
          I have used SSH several times to deal with things on a VPS and always feel faster than other programs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by: simon_w The explanation is quite simple and now I get why web hosting is requiring users to reinstall their VPS on their hosting control panel


            I have used SSH several times to deal with things on a VPS and always feel faster than other programs.
            The panel tool should be decently fast considering you won't change your OS everyday XD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Oswald Coote : I think you will need to reinstall VPS from the control panel because when you install VPS you will lose your SSH connection.
              True. But can I make a fresh CentOS or Ubuntu without reinstalling the VPS?
              I think it would be a better idea to have a fresh installation in SSH.

              Comment

              Working...
              X