Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean tmp folder from my linux server

Hello,
    My tmp folder taking up much more disk space. I want to clean the content of tmp folder from my Linux server. What can I do for that?

At first you have to check that now what is present in the in the /tmp partition. You can clean the session files on the server from the /tmp partition. The ones starting with sess_ OR session.

Is there any way you can let us know as to what is currently present in the /tmp partition ?

Comment

I don't have any clear idea about the content of tmp folder but I want to delete full content. The reason is that it's no use.

Comment

Originally posted by 25DORIS View Post
        Hello,
        My tmp folder taking up much more disk space. I want to clean the content of tmp folder from my Linux server. What can I do for that?
        No, you can't delete all the things exist in your tmp folder. You require to keep things such as mysql.sock.

You can delete all sess files from the /tmp folder with :
        # cd /tmp

# rm -rf sess_*

Comment

You can also find what is so big which is utilizing disk space and delete that files
          #cd /tmp
          # ls -lhS
          Also, if you have eAccelerator software installed on your server then you require to clear the cache. You can do that by simply removing the eaccelerator files in "/tmp/eaccelerator".
          This is YOUR forum help us keep it clean. Thank You

Comment

Thank you wmaster, webmaster and debasri for describing in detail. I was about to delete full content of tmp folder.

Thank you guys for helping me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 25DORIS View Post
              Thank you wmaster, webmaster and debasri for describing in detail. I was about to delete full content of tmp folder.

Thank you guys for helping me!!!
              Happy to know that you succeed to clear the /tmp partition without any trouble . Cool

Comment

Working...
              X