Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Linux Distribution?

Please give me some comments about it.

A Linux distribution is a part of the Unix-like operating systems family which are created on the Linux kernel. Such distributions (or distros ) are Operating systems that have a large software collection and applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, media players, and database applications. The OS includes Linux kernel and also a set of libraries and utilities from the GNU project. It also has graphics support from the X Window System. Right now, over six hundred Linux distributions are there and from them about three hundred are in active development, under constant updation.

Comment

Why anyone use Linux Distribution?

Comment

Linux Distribution offer the following advantages. So you use Linux Distribution.

Different tools and methods to set the system up.
        Different choices with regard to setup.
        Various choices of packages to install.

Comment

Give Me some Example of popular Linux Distribution

Comment

Some popular Linux Distributions are as follows :
            Ubuntu Linux
            Mandriva Linux
            SuSE Linux
            Debian Linux etc.

Comment

You can go through the following article for more information : Server Hosting | Web Server Hosting Knowledge base - Part 2

Comment

I want to take backup from my Wordpress files. What can I do for that?

Comment

You can follow the following article for your answer : WordPress | Web Server Hosting Knowledge base

Comment

Working...
                  X