Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows VPS or Linux VPS?

Hi,
    Which is more preferable windows VPS or Linux VPS? Please give me some comments or suggestions about it.

Hi,
    Linux VPS Hosting is much more cost-effective, easy to handle, flexible, secure, stable in comparison with other server operating systems. So I think Linux VPS Hosting adds much more profits to your business. Thanx
    This is YOUR forum help us keep it clean. Thank You

Comment

I agree with debasri, the only time that this might be an exception is for someone who has never worked with Linux, then you might have to take time to learn it. Nice thing is, that once you learn it, you are good to go. Everybody has to start someplace.

Comment

Yes, but if you do not consider cost as an important factor , and require a wide variety applications like .net , java, php , ms sql, my sql, and other third party application... etc then windows is for you.

It supports more applications and is user friendly with interactive GUI

Though Linux now supports wide application support, windows has a widest application support
        Regard's
        =========================================
        Linux Dedicated Server || Windows Dedicated Server
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Secure Your Data with our Off-Site Back-Up Solutions
        =========================================
        Follow BoDHost on Twitter

Comment

It is a real trade off, I think they are both good, but what will fit each person is like trying on gloves. I don't think Linux will ever catch up on the number of applications supported. But in reverse, Windows will never be able to compare cost wise.

Comment

Re:

Hi

The Windows hosting is slightly expensive compared to Linux Hosting, this is due to the reason that one must obtain a valid license to use the Windows base hosting servers. In addition, you can use Microsoft technologies like ASP, MySQL, Front-Page, Microsoft Access etc.......... Thanx
            Jeremy Calvey Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
            Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
            Ph.: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Comment

windows VPS or Linux VPS?

Linux VPS Hosting :

If you are searching for a reliable and cheap vps hosting then the linux vps hosting should be proper for you. Linux is a open source operating system. There is no license charges or other hidden charges. Linux is secure, reliable, flexible, cost effective operating system. So, Linux vps hosting provides a stable, sturdy yet cheap hosting solution.

Windows VPS Hosting :

If you wish to run custom Microsoft applications, scripts or softwares on your VPS, you have to hire windows based VPS hosting services. Windows vps is user friendly. Maximum hosting providers offer you with RDP to access your server. Your VPS is also smoothly accessible through the control panel which you choose with your plan. You can add and delete software or data to and from your VPS and you can optimize performance, scalability and throughput.

Comment

Re:

If you use the popular web design program, Microsoft Front Page, having a Windows Hosting platform will make your life a lot easier. You won’t have to worry about making sure your server supports extensions, as you would with a Unix platform.

Comment

I am not a web hosting scientist, but I am pretty sure it's quite simple, if you want use Microsoft's related applications, then go for windows hosting and if you are a big fan of open source applications, then Linux is for you. That's it.

Comment

Re:

If you are using Microsoft technologies, you can easily opt for Windows as your web hosting platform. In fact, the Internet Information Server or IIS is essential if you are using ASP. You will also need IIS in case you are opting for Microsoft Access and SQL server.

Comment

Working...
                    X