WHMCS Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHMCS Installation

I want to install WHMCS on Reseller Hosting account. Please guide me with some best practices to install it.

You can do that easily but since there has been issues with WHMCS in the past many people avoid installing it on reseller and instead install on dedicated or VPS.

Comment

WHMCS facilitates the process of reselling.
      It automatically creates sub-accounts by using API with the control panel that you're using from the server it is running on. As you expand and add more servers it allows you to link them up as well. Security as also mentioned is the main reason not to use the same server for everything.

Comment

This all is ok. But what if my server goes down they won't be able to use my WHMCS account for ticket submission. How can I receive the support from any other location connected to the same customer accounts?

Comment

You can host it on a shared provider of someone else, however, this won't guarantee your security as it wouldn't reflect too well on your own hosting capabilities.
          Alternative support option hosted elsewhere is Kayako (pretty pricey) but this does require constant communication with your whmcs to work properly.

Comment

If WHMCS is put on a Dedi or VPS then it won't be on my reseller account, right? So how will the WHMCS automatically create subaccounts for my clients as they sign up?

Comment

An API code is generated by your reseller account to create, suspend, upgrade, downgrade and terminate accounts on demand through WHMCS.
              Suppose there are 100 reseller accounts on different servers then it would allow you to generate accounts on each one independently.

Comment

This means I can have a basic shared hosting account and then put WHMCS on it so that even if the reseller account has some issue, the shared one won't go down at the same time. The API code you mentioned can be used to have WHMCS on the sahred account and still allocate my reseller account for my prospects. Is this you are tyring to explain me?

Comment

Yes, you got it correct. But putting the WhMCS on different hosting account completely would be better as your reseller hosting has an outage then which you would likely still be affected by it unless your shared hosting account is from a completely different datacenter.

Additionally, if you take hosting seriously, anyone who finds your server's IP will note your hosting location or destination.

Comment

This is a good idea to have WHMCS hosted with a different company.
                    Host WHMCS in the same place as the reseller account for your client because you trust it, but then if you get downtime, it means support is down too. Or host WHMCS elsewhere, and those curious enough to lookup IPs will see that I don't host my own site/support on the same company as my clients. I'd be doing it to better server my clients but it could be taken as lack of trust in my server?

Comment

Working...
                    X