Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between cloud server hosting and cPanel hosting

Hi Team,

I am new to the web hosting industry. I have started my ecommerce website and wanted to know the difference between cloud server hosting and cPanel hosting. Any help would be appreciated.

Difference between cloud server hosting and cpanel hosting

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to bodHOST forum!

In cloud sever hosting, multiple servers are connected together in cluster that is backed by SAN storage. While in cPanel hosting, a control panel software that is preferred by web masters all over the world due to its user-friendly interface and high functionality as compared to other software. For further comparative features you can view our blog - http://bodhost.com/blog/cloud-server...hat-to-choose/

If you still have any queries, you are free to share them on forum.

Regards,
    Alice

Comment

Hi Alice,

Thanks for helping me. I went through the link and found the information was quite helpful. But I also read about the eNlight cloud on your website. Can you explain me how does it work?

Comment

eNLight is a scalable solution. It will scale itself as per the usage. So you pay for what your server uses. Let's say if the server uses 2 GB RAm at a particular time you will be charged for 2 GB RAM as per the pricing it is set with. This is beneficial for seasonal websites and websites that have a lot of peak/off peak hours.

Comment

What happens if for an hour the site uses 5 GB of RAM and for a next few days it uses just 1 GB RAM. How will the end user know what he was charged at one particular time?

Comment

Originally posted by Katie9 View Post
            What happens if for an hour the site uses 5 GB of RAM and for a next few days it uses just 1 GB RAM. How will the end user know what he was charged at one particular time?
            You can easily check billing charges of specific time span through eNlight Cloud control panel to manage your VM. You just need to click on “View Logs” option and you will see the detailed information of total billing charges. For an instance:

Follow us on - Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin
            Contact us: Live Chat | Email: [email protected]
            Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Comment

Cloud Servers are basically Virtual machines which are setup on a Cluster which includes a number of servers using a Hardware virtualization application.

With eNlight you get a cloud environment where you can explore, and innovate infinite computing options. Its a pay per consume solution which eliminate cost of unused resources.

Comment

cPanel hosting is an industry standard and comes with a user-friendly interface helping you to easily manage your website, FTP, email, zone records and more.

Cloud Server Hosting usually comes with up-time SLAs and is much faster and more responsive than other hosting options and is ideal for mission critical business websites.

Comment

Cloud is adopting new technical features to keep up with the change in the business environment. While cPanel uses the default and standard Apache configuration or it can use other if configured by the web host provider.

Comment

Few key features of cloud server are as follows ::

1) Hyper-V Cloud and VMWare Cloud has the same architecture.
                    2) VICenter server checks the heartbeats of all the Servers.
                    3) Only configuration files are stored on the ESX host servers. Data is stored on the Storage server.
                    4) If one of the servers fails, the configuration files are migrated on the other ESX Servers.

IMO cloud hosting holds the upper hand

Comment

Working...
                    X