SSL recognized by browsers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL recognized by browsers?

The list on your website for the SSL cerificates- Will the SSL be recognized by all major browsers or is there any specific one or some setting that needs to be done for it to be recognized by all browsers?

Yes, any of the SSL you choose from the website will be recognized by all of the browsers.

Comment

The basic SSL Certificates can secure only one domain name. And a Wildcard SSL certificates can secure one domain + the sub-domains under it. Let me know the one you wish to consider.

Comment

What if I have 119 domain on my server and I wish to secure all of them by an SSL Certificate? Is it possible to secure all the domain by using 1 Wildcard SSL?
        Thanks - Van

Comment

Wildcard SSLs allow you to use the same certificate on multiple sub domains. For example, if you want to secure www.example.com, forums.example.com and billing.example.com. Wildcard SSL Certificate covers your main domain and all of the sub-domains of your main domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart_Hancock View Post
            Wildcard SSLs allow you to use the same certificate on multiple sub domains. For example, if you want to secure www.example.com, forums.example.com and billing.example.com. Wildcard SSL Certificate covers your main domain and all of the sub-domains of your main domain.
            Hello Stuart,

Thank you for the information on Wildcard SSL Certificate, I have understood that it is possible to secure the domain name and the sub-domains under it using the Wildcard. However, you still haven't answered my query on what are the possible ways to secure all my 119 separate domains for eg. www.123.com, www.321.com, www.abc.com, so on?

Expect the answer sooner as I am planing to get few things running this weekend.
            Thanks- Van

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
              Hello Stuart,

Thank you for the information on Wildcard SSL Certificate, I have understood that it is possible to secure the domain name and the sub-domains under it using the Wildcard. However, you still haven't answered my query on what are the possible ways to secure all my 119 separate domains for eg. www.123.com, www.321.com, www.abc.com, so on?

Expect the answer sooner as I am planing to get few things running this weekend.
              Thanks- Van
              Hello Van,

Thank you for writing in, I'd like to know what is the reason you wish to secure all these websites by an SSL Certificate is it because all your website are eCommerce and has a payment gateway that needs to be secured or you are planing to secure the emails on all your domain hosted in your server? I am asking you the purpose of considering SSL for 119 domains as it could help you save money if in case there is no need of securing all of them and only the required one's.

Thanks and Regards,
              Edward Stone Earn up to $350 with bodHOST Web Hosting Affiliate Program
              Contact us: Live Chat | Email: sales[@]bodHOST[dot]com
              Ph: 866-662-0909, +1.302.294.5628

Comment

I agree with Edward's suggestion, as considering even basic SSL certificate for each domain will make it very expensive for you. You can sort the domains which really need to be secured and it will certainly save you good.

Comment

Thank you Edwards and Stuart, for the information I will need to sort out those domains and get back to you. thanks again -Van

Comment

Are the SSL's now SNI based ssl?

Comment

Yes the recent SSL's are all SNI based as far as I can confirm.

Comment

Working...
                      X