Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which FTP do you prefer?

Which FTP do you prefer?

I use to use Smart FTP but recently switched to FileZilla and I love it. For me, it just seems to be smoother all the way around. I've had some problems with Smart FTP, but it could just be me. I've never used Cute FTP or WS FTP but was wondering how they compare.
    Smart FTP
    10.00%
    Cute FTP
    10.00%
    FileZilla FTP
    60.00%
    WS FTP
    20.00%

Originally posted by sandybeach View Post
    Which FTP do you prefer?

I use to use Smart FTP but recently switched to FileZilla and I love it. For me, it just seems to be smoother all the way around. I've had some problems with Smart FTP, but it could just be me. I've never used Cute FTP or WS FTP but was wondering how they compare.
    Yay!! WS FTP all the way.. simplest & easiest.. hassle free FTP client
    Regards,
    Rocky

Comment

We have been using FileZilla FTP for a longtime now, and we are more than happy to with its performance. We have switched from WS FTP to FileZilla.
      So I would rate FileZilla higher than any other alternative.

Comment

No option for FireFTP? :( Since I use Firefox as my browser, I see no reason to have to download and install a separate program when a Firefox extension can do the same job.

Comment

I've been toying with Filezilla. Since it's so easy to use with my browser, Firefox, it's what I went with. I'm not sure if it's the best, but it's the only one I've used so far.

Comment

I like SmartFTP. Unfortunately it is no longer free and I can not justify paying for an FTP client. I still use an older free version of SmartFTP but have more less migrated to FileZilla.
            Jeremy J

* Bodhost VPS Linux Account Holder
            * Network Information Systems Professional

Comment

I really like Cute FTP. I tried Smart FTP but I didn't care much for it so I went back to Cute. Cute is having some Vista issues I believe so I may have to tried a different FTP all together.

Comment

WS_FTP and FileZilla both serve well. But, I personally prefer FileZilla.

Comment

I used Smart FTP exclusively until the free version was discontinued. I downloaded some other FTP software but had a rough time transitioning (once I've used certain software for an extended period, I tend to stick with it). Eventually I went ahead and forked over the $37 to keep it.

Comment

I use FileZilla and I truly love it. It is simple and easy to use and very intuitive. The only option that it lacks is concurrent upload/download for multiple FTP accounts.

Comment

Believe it or not, I use Adobe Dreamweaver's built in FTP function. It provides me with everything that I need though it's not that powerful as other solo FTP clients. But I do my sites in DW so it's far to easier not to switch programs just to do the FTP transfer.

Comment

I use Total Commander for file browsing and it has an excellent FTP feature built it. I know it may sound to someone funny not to use a dedicated FTP client software, but If you really don't need any, what's the point of using one.

Comment

I use FileZilla almost all the time, but also FireFTP, nice extension for the Firefox browser. It's fast and easy to use and you don't have to leave your browser for doing FTP.

Comment

Re:

Hello

My vote goes to WS_FTP. It offers secure connections for data by applying encryption as a feature. It uses SSH to encrypt the FTP session and prevent my login info from being sniffed as plain text.
                            VPS Hosting Blog | Hosting & search Engine Blog

Comment

I prefer FileZilla , easy to use
                              Regard's
                              =========================================
                              Linux Dedicated Server || Windows Dedicated Server
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Secure Your Data with our Off-Site Back-Up Solutions
                              =========================================
                              Follow BoDHost on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X