Firefox 1.5 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 1.5 released

Firefox 1.5 web browser has been released today for anybody use uses Firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Ive been using FireFox 1.5 Beta 1 for a while now, and have had no problems. Download it if you havent already tried it htt://mozilla.org/firefox

Comment

Firefox, our friend...

Cool.
      Havent had my update icon come up yet though.
      Maybe they wait till its quiet to make it pop up.

Comment

SOmetimes it takes forever for my FF to pop up with updates, hit the check for updates button

Comment

is it any good? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Comment

I bet one of my members complains in the next couple of days saying my site ain't compatible with it... I must pay more attention to FF :shock:
            Virtual Private Servers | UK VPS Hosting
            MSN : [email protected]
            AIM : bodsupport
            PH : [US 24x7 - +1.2132333574]
            [UK Toll-Free - 0800 097 5597]

Comment

i've heard good reviews for firefox, but not sure if i'm ready to make the switch yet. get me?

Comment

Jester - do you not test under Firefox?

I tend to do most of my work referenced to Firefox... I know that most of the world still uses IE but... well i don't.

I even test with Opera now that it's free. My girlfriend switched over to using that the whole time but I find it a bit odd.

If you haven't tried it though you should - you might like it.

Comment

firefox is the best browser by far. Simply for the extensions. I love open-source things like this. I now have the multi time in different countries, and the local weather forecast!

Comment

oh, and i also recommend the replacement to Outlook Express, Thunderbird! same reasons as above - great for extensions and plugins.

Comment

Why do people use firefox? What are the advantages of it? I ask some people and they don't know, just cause everyone else uses it, they join the band wagon and use it too.
                      UK Dedicated Server hosting |
                      UK Virtual Private Servers Only @ BODHost.co.uk
                      Call Now on our UK-Free Ph. : 0808-262-0909 and learn more about Our Affiliates

Comment

It's alot more secure than IE as it doesnt run alot of automated scripts or whatever that spyware gets on you pc through. Also got a built in popup blocker and its just plain cooler :p

One problem I have had, cant seem to get it to play some sound files embedded in html, say the ones on www.ytmnd.com for instance, anyone else?

Comment

And Tabbed Browsing - don't forget that!

Comment

In laymans terms, FireFox as questions when a site wants to do something, install whatever, run scripts, making you safer, IE just says Hell Yah, making you as safe as guy with a spud gun in a cop shop

Comment

IMO, firefox 1.5 has awesome features. You should visit here to know about its features and you can also download it from there.
                              http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Comment

Working...
                              X