Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Have a better Definition for "Cloud"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Anyone Have a better Definition for "Cloud"?

    Now I have come across a lot of different definition of the term Cloud. I believe marketing isn't helping much either, when I see someone mentioning that it's your personal cloud.

    It would really be interesting to know what your definition cloud is.

  • #2
    According to my understanding. The term Cloud is more of a virtual system, which provides a hardware infrastructure for your computing needs and also you can access your information from any nook and corner of the world, as long as you are connected to the internet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Robin03 View Post
      According to my understanding. The term Cloud is more of a virtual system, which provides a hardware infrastructure for your computing needs and also you can access your information from any nook and corner of the world, as long as you are connected to the internet.
      Could not agree anymore with the OP. Basically those two points sum up the definition of cloud as one need not but any infrastructure to gain access to their resources.

      Comment


      • #4
        New systems like IoT , Mobile apps use the power of cloud for their operations but you must have an app installed at your end to get the ball rolling. Can't say these are pure cloud applications but an example of how things work on Cloud.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JustinW07 View Post
          Now I have come across a lot of different definition of the term Cloud. I believe marketing isn't helping much either, when I see someone mentioning that it's your personal cloud.

          It would really be interesting to know what your definition cloud is.
          Actually the ISO has a different definition for cloud but the three commonly accepted Cloud service models are (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)...in terms of specific and not general terms.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would say the Cloud creates an ecosystem wherein it makes easy for people to access the end product via multiple sources...this is game changing if you ask me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JustinW07 View Post
              I would say the Cloud creates an ecosystem wherein it makes easy for people to access the end product via multiple sources...this is game changing if you ask me.
              My thoughts exactly the flexibility of accessing your data be it from a beach or anywhere else bring serendipity to the table....something that I am totally in love with.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Robin03 View Post
                My thoughts exactly the flexibility of accessing your data be it from a beach or anywhere else bring serendipity to the table....something that I am totally in love with.
                I would say that concept behind the cloud is not new..think about emails and stuff, so it's only evolutionary. So how do we make things faster without compromising quality?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AshtonK View Post
                  I would say that concept behind the cloud is not new..think about emails and stuff, so it's only evolutionary. So how do we make things faster without compromising quality?
                  Ashton does have a point here....I believe we as humans have the ability to truly revolutionize. We also have the ability to find problems and create inexpensive solutions around those.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                    Ashton does have a point here....I believe we as humans have the ability to truly revolutionize. We also have the ability to find problems and create inexpensive solutions around those.
                    It's one of the best examples of disruption that we have seen as of now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                      Ashton does have a point here....I believe we as humans have the ability to truly revolutionize. We also have the ability to find problems and create inexpensive solutions around those.
                      But with innovation there are also risks involved that you will need to mitigate. So it's a risky business but then again the benefits cannot be discarded....so the risks need to be managed and controlled properly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JustinW07 View Post
                        But with innovation there are also risks involved that you will need to mitigate. So it's a risky business but then again the benefits cannot be discarded....so the risks need to be managed and controlled properly.
                        Agreed it's a risky business by all means but that all also depends on the freedom given by those that implement the strategy as a whole.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X