What's your biggest cloud fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
    The greatest fear I have is, as expected, security. Specifically, I have concerns that any provider has been audited, and audited to a level that gives me a good idea of their methods and procedures. If you tell me you have great physical security, two man teams, man-traps and no outside electronics allowed in the computer room but have no 3rd party audit to back it up, I do not have faith in your security.
    @ Chris With regards to security: I have observed a huge gulf between 'intuitive security' and 'trained security' (might not be the best labels but serves as a named entity for now).

Comment

1) lock in due to design or data
      2) risk of changes in cost or licensing model, related to above
      3) legislative change

Comment

According to me security is the number one thing I hear, which is why I recommend finding cloud SAAS providers that are SOC 2 certified.

Comment

Originally posted by AshtonK View Post
          According to me security is the number one thing I hear, which is why I recommend finding cloud SAAS providers that are SOC 2 certified.
          Good that you mentioned about SOC2 certification. i'm going through, FedRAMP, a similar process with a client this month and SOC2 was brought up as an alternative model.

Comment

I believe the strategy should involve data shipping and DR and I wonder why it is not present in most cloud providers.

Comment

Multiple ISP carriers from the data center where the cloud or cloud application is hosted. Latency varies between carriers and I've seen services with very poor response times which can be traced to the serving carrier.

Comment

What I have noticed is that everytime most of the talks are based around cost and risk, expenses for upfront security to lower down odds of breach. It should be understood that there is no need to spend millions of dollars when the work to be done can be managed for a measly 100k.

Comment

I see many people misleading their peers with information that is bound to get them confused, yes there are risks involved but to say that you will be definitely secure is an understatement.

Comment

You can say that customers might struggle to understand the different cloud models and also the cost and security aspects of the different models.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinW07 View Post
                      You can say that customers might struggle to understand the different cloud models and also the cost and security aspects of the different models.
                      I see companies opting for various cloud providers out there but the thing is that there is no point in choosing the best cloud company, when your team needs and capabilities are different right?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin03 View Post
                        I see companies opting for various cloud providers out there but the thing is that there is no point in choosing the best cloud company, when your team needs and capabilities are different right?
                        I too agree with the same, the fact that there are so many different cloud methodologies out there and people still tend to stick with the same stuff which isn't even needed.

Comment

I see data breach and security as the two main factors that always come into consideration while surveying cloud models. Also, we need to take into consideration that not all the cloud providers are not born equal, so questions need to be asked.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveLloyd View Post
                            I see data breach and security as the two main factors that always come into consideration while surveying cloud models. Also, we need to take into consideration that not all the cloud providers are not born equal, so questions need to be asked.
                            My thoughts exactly!

One needs to ask questions like where the data will be held, where the backups are, and who has access to them and other details in the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                              My thoughts exactly!

One needs to ask questions like where the data will be held, where the backups are, and who has access to them and other details in the agreement.
                              On top of that I have always been asked this question...what if the internet goes down...what then? I have failed to answer this question.

Comment

The only thing that scares me is that fact that many people are building legacy clouds and get disappointed when it comes to the controlling cost of unmanaged services.

Comment

Working...
                                X