PDA

View Full Version : Issue with webmail

PATRICIAF5
11-04-11, 07:31
I have a reseller account. My client facing issue with webmail.
If he tries to connect to web mail with: www.somedomain.hr/webmail
He is transfered to: https://mymaindomain.com:2096/

WebMaster
11-05-11, 03:57
You can fix your problem with the following steps :

WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings under the "Redirection" tab.

Here you can choose the redirect destination for SSL and Non-SSL requests to cPanel/WHM/Webmail.

PATRICIAF5
11-05-11, 06:04
Alright, But I want to know the suitable option that I can use :

Always redirect to SSL [?] ON
Non-SSL redirect destination [?] Hostname
SSL redirect destination [?] Hostname
Logout redirection URL [?] No redirection

I want to give permission to my client to utilize webmail with or without SSL and WHM and cpanel SSL only.

Can I do that?

WebMaster
11-07-11, 00:50
If you want to turn off the automatic redirect to the SSL/TLS ports when a customer visits a "/cpanel, /whm, or /webmail" URL then you have to select "Always redirect to SSL" to "Off".

The redirect direction decide which URL the user is redirected to. It can be the host name of the server, the domain name utilized at the beginning or the SSL Certificate name that is set in
"WHM >> Service Configuration >> Manage Service SSL Certificates" It is impossible to have this apply to just Webmail.

On the other hand you have to set the following option under the "Security" tab in
"WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings"

"Require SSL"

If this category enabled then it requires SSL for all remote logins to cPanel, WHM, and Webmail.

Just curious- what is the reason you do not prefer SSL? It is very effective a secure login.

PATRICIAF5
11-08-11, 01:25
Thank you.

Previously I used reseller hosting plans but now I use VPS hosting and learning all the stuff.

Non SSL login to webmail was enabled on my previous reseller hosting, so my customers were used to with that. I already informed them that this is a new secure way of webmail use and I hope they wouldn't mind me for that.