PDA

View Full Version : Nginx vs Apache

Nicholas Easter
07-06-11, 10:40
Hello

I have multiple WP sites and I was using Nginx plus PHP5 fpm (FastCGI Process Manager) two months ago, but recently I switched on Apache and noticed that combination of Apache + PHP5 fpm is faster than Nginx + PHP5....Do you any information about this, which elaborate why Apache is faster than Nginx?

Irene9001
07-06-11, 10:42
The truth is; for dynamic pages apache_mod_php/dso is going to be faster than Nginx. And it is a well known fact.....

Arthur
07-06-11, 10:45
Usually Nginx+PHP5 fpm+apc+wp super cache is recommended to make wordpress faster, but according to my experience, when I have switched on Apache 2 things are more faster, perhaps due the wp cache. But with Nginx; even it's clearly enabled; load time is more than usual and generally throws 502 gateway errors. However, I am not sure whether it is due the some of config values or anything else......

Henry Rose
07-06-11, 10:46
I think gateway issues may be still alive with Nginx, or perhaps maximum request or there is something related to with config stuff....But I am surprised when I read here that Nginx is slower than Apache. In mu opinion slowness cause due the configuration or something else may be wrong on somewhere.....(And what it is who knows?)

rahat654
09-21-11, 05:35
I think nginx you can setup multiple workers to deal with requests if you have more than one core or cpu.

AbbieGirl
10-14-11, 02:18
Apache is mostly preferred over nginx although I have never bothered to know why.. Apache is easy to install and configure also.

But it would be good to know a comparison of nginx and apache though.