PDA

View Full Version : awstats login without cpanel

10NANCY
05-27-11, 01:06
Hi!
I want my client to see our awstats but dont want to give them cpanel access. So can you tell me the steps to access awstats other then login to cpanel.

Carol.P
05-27-11, 02:51
To access AWStats from outside cpanel you need to just follow the below given steps:

1.Download awstats from AWStats - Free log file analyzer for advanced statistics (GNU GPL). (http://awstats.sourceforge.net)
wget http://awstats.sourceforge.net/files/awstats-7.0.tar.gz

2.Uncompress awstats-7.0.tar.gz
tar -xzvf awstats-7.0.tar.gz

3.Copy the folder awstats-7.0 to the user cgi-bin directory (this includes awstats.pl, awstats.model.conf, and the lang, lib and plugins sub-directories).

4.If necessary (should not be needed with most setups), edit the first (top-most) line of awstats.pl file that is
#!/usr/bin/perl
to reflect the path were your Perl interpreter is installed. Default value works for most of Unix OS, but it also might be #!/usr/local/bin/perl

5.Move AWStats icon sub-directories and its content into a directory readable by your web server, for example /home/username/public_html/icons

6.Copy awstats.model.conf file into a new file named awstats.myvirtualhostname.conf. This new file must be stored in /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin.

7.Edit this new config file with your own setup :
- Change LogFile value with full path of your web server log file (The path is: LogFile="/usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com").
- Check if LogFormat has the value "1" (it means "NCSA apache combined/ELF/XLF log format").
- Change DirIcons parameter to reflect relative path of icon directory. (DirIcons="/icons")
- Edit SiteDomain parameter with the main domain name or the intranet web server name used to reach the web site to analyze (Example: www.mydomain.com).
IMPORTANT!
- Change DirData to use the same Statics file than Cpanel Awstats and do not loose any entry.
(DirData="/home/user/tmp/awstats/")

8.Access AwStats by the URL:
www.domain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=domain.com

9.The AwStats will refresh the Statics every 24 Hours.

fidoGladarl
05-29-11, 19:01
Рад быть с Вами!... ;-) И Вашим ресурсом!

Carol.P
05-29-11, 21:32
I request you to post in English as it would be better ans easy for us to understand and help you out with your issue if any....
:)

paullopez
06-06-11, 06:25
@Carol.P

Let me translate fidoGladarl's comment for you. He is saying “Glad to be with you! ...And your resource!”.......Anyway, you've done a real nice job here, because not too many people know how to access AWStats from outside the cpanel.

Well_Done

@fidoGladarl

When you would like to appreciate forum post, at least use sophisticated English or simply use smiley option.As if you didn't kno