PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for Awstats Installation Procedure.

paullopez
11-15-10, 06:00
Hi

I want know how to install Awstats in Cpanel? Do I have to install the CGI on the server? Somebody Help Me

Diana
03-12-11, 03:35
If you wish to access the Awstats from the cpanel then then you should enable this setting from :

WHM >> Tweak Setting >> Check the following message under Stats Programs tab : : Enable Awstats stats

If you wish access the Awstats from outside the cpanel then please refer the following steps :

* Requirements :

To use AWStats CGI script, you need the following requirements:
* Your server must log web access in a log file you can read.
* To run awstats, from command line, your operating system must be able to run perl scripts (.pl files).
* Perl module "Encode" must be available.
* To run awstats as a CGI (for real-timestatistics), your web server must also be able to run such scripts.

*To access Awstats From Outside the control panel :

1.Download awstats
wget http://awstats.sourceforge.net/files/awstats-7.0.tar.gz

2.Uncompress awstats-7.0.tar.gz
tar -xzvf awstats-7.0.tar.gz

3.Copy the folder awstats-7.0 to the user cgi-bin directory (this includes awstats.pl, awstats.model.conf, and the lang, lib and plugins sub-directories).

4.If necessary (should not be needed with most setups), edit the first (top-most) line of awstats.pl file that is
#!/usr/bin/perl
to reflect the path were your Perl interpreter is installed. Default value works for most of Unix OS, but it also might be #!/usr/local/bin/perl

5.Move AWStats icon sub-directories and its content into a directory readable by your web server, for example /home/username/public_html/icons

6.Copy awstats.model.conf file into a new file named awstats.myvirtualhostname.conf. This new file must be stored in /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin.

7.Edit this new config file with your own setup :
- Change LogFile value with full path of your web server log file (The path is: LogFile="/usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com").
- Check if LogFormat has the value "1" (it means "NCSA apache combined/ELF/XLF log format").
- Change DirIcons parameter to reflect relative path of icon directory. (DirIcons="/icons")
- Edit SiteDomain parameter with the main domain name or the intranet web server name used to reach the web site to analyze (Example: www.mydomain.com).
IMPORTANT!
- Change DirData to use the same Statics file than Cpanel Awstats and do not loose any entry.
(DirData="/home/user/tmp/awstats/")

8.Access AwStats by the URL:
Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com

9.The AwStats will refresh the Statics every 24 Hours.

10.You can access AwStats by the URL:
domain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=domain.com

Thank you Thanx

paullopez
03-12-11, 04:18
Hi

Technological experience is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the work, and this reply shows your experience and knowledge in technical field so definitely I would like appreciate your efforts.