PDA

View Full Version : AWstats

webnubie
02-07-10, 13:57
I notice that one of the statistic tools available on cPanel is AWstats. It seems a good and reliable tool using which you find out most stats you need to know about your website.

Do you often use AWstats?

NCHosting
02-09-10, 01:05
I notice that one of the statistic tools available on cPanel is AWstats. It seems a good and reliable tool using which you find out most stats you need to know about your website.

Do you often use AWstats?

It sure is :) I use it weekly on all my sites to check usage and detect anything unusual occuring.

I also use Google Analytics. Provides a great deal of information about people visiting your site.

Martin
02-09-10, 01:52
Yes, I do use AWStats. It is an easiest way to monitor your website traffic. You can find the traffic w.r.t. to keywords used by clients. Hence, you can accordingly work on your SEO.

Mickey
02-09-10, 14:13
I also use AWStats as my primary stat counter. Like you said, you can find most things you need to know on AWStats, in attractive ways. The other stat counter I use is a popular yet free stat counter: Histats.

Amelia
02-09-10, 22:54
Awstats is a great statistical tracking program and can be easily accessed from cPanel. Other than this there is Google Analytics which also works well.

Mickey
03-20-10, 13:02
I read many positive reviews and testimonials about Google Analytics, but I have never used it. I should give it a try. To be eligible for using Google Analytics, should we have an account on Adsense or Adwords?

NCHosting
03-20-10, 18:29
I read many positive reviews and testimonials about Google Analytics, but I have never used it. I should give it a try. To be eligible for using Google Analytics, should we have an account on Adsense or Adwords?

No you just need to signup on the Google website - Google Analytics | Official Website (http://www.google.com/analytics/)

centelo
06-10-10, 12:55
Most people that I know use a mix of a few different ones just to make sure they are not missing anything. AWstats is good, but sometimes people are running ad campains with Google (reason for their site/etc). Just something to keep in mind, cover all your areas kinda deal. :)

AbbieGirl
06-12-10, 00:05
I will also recommend Google Analytics. This gives detail information, better than awstat also.

Zohann
06-23-10, 05:19
I don't use AWstats because I'm used to Google Analytics and StatCounter. Also I don't like it's interface but that probably because I'm used to the other two.

Crazzy
06-23-10, 06:09
I'm a big fan of StatCounter and have been for years. I don't like GAnalytics because I try to steer away from Google as much as possible. Also, I never used AWstats.

luzagodom
08-20-10, 03:09
Really nice thing to do and of course I totally agree

Bladerunner
08-21-10, 08:18
It seems that a lot of forum members are using some form of statistic counter or analyser, but what impact does this have on your site? It would be great to hear more about what you actually do with the information so we could share tips and tactics.

Katie9
09-30-10, 02:48
in general all web stats allow you to track all your web site traffic, keywords used, recent visitors, top pages, locations and much more

AbbieGirl
09-30-10, 23:27
It is very important to have a good stats system for your website. You can analyze the traffic and work accordingly on your website and keywords.