PDA

View Full Version : Not computer savvy

mander
11-30-09, 14:55
Is there a control panel that would be best for someone brand new to everything web related? I say this as I am most familiar with cpanel (and love it), but at the same time I am not sure if there is something better that I could recommend to a friend of mien.

Amelia
12-01-09, 06:05
Is there a control panel that would be best for someone brand new to everything web related? I say this as I am most familiar with cpanel (and love it), but at the same time I am not sure if there is something better that I could recommend to a friend of mien.

You should highly recommend cPanel in case they are considering Linux based hosting, incase of Windows based hosting, you can suggest them Plesk.

Gelato
12-04-09, 15:14
What about CubePanel? I haven't used it before, but I've been shopping around to try and find some things that work well for my colleagues who don't know much. It looks like it is fairly user-friendly.

webnubie
12-04-09, 22:37
CubePanel is a good option to consider actually. Almost like cPanel, it has intuitive layout where you can find most things you need in the main page. It supports Linux, Unix and Windows.

Sierra
12-05-09, 06:08
Hello Mander,

I agree with Amelia. You can also suggest him Enkompass for Windows hosting instead of Plesk. However, choice for control panel depends upon the services a person wish to have on his website.

Regards,
Sierra

Bladerunner
08-11-10, 09:03
I had a look for CubePanel on the web and their site link mentions a free download so worth a look. I couldn't get past the first page though so maybe wait a while.