PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Webhosting Control Panel ?

Laci
10-25-09, 03:51
Guys, i would like to know your favorite webhosting control panel ? Is it Plesk, Dotnet panel or cPanel ? i know there are many but i would like to know only from above 3 controlpanels which i have specified ;)

I have used both Plesk and cPanel but cPanel hosting control panel is my favorite :) easy and clean interface !!!

carl owen
10-25-09, 14:40
Well, when it comes to control panel, I prefer cPanel/WHM control panel for Linux and Plesk or Dotnetpanel control panel for Windows.

cPanel/WHM control panel has been my favorite control panel as the interface is quite simple, the control panel is stable and includes all the features a control panel should have :)

I preferred Plesk control panel for Windows, however, the interface of Dotnetpanel is also impressive and hence I might choose Dotnetpanel if given an option ;)

Andreas
10-26-09, 04:16
cPanel is worldwide preferred to manage linux hosting accounts. Plesk though supports both Linux as well as Windows,but is more preferred by web masters/users to manage Windows hosting accounts.

My personal favorite is cPanel of course.

Cannon
10-26-09, 05:00
I prefer "cPanel" as my favorite control panel as it don't need much technical training and is a low cost hosting control panel. With it's user-friendly interface a webmaster can easily manage various aspects of their website such as email accounts, domain and sub-domains, website statistics and databases.

Joseph
10-28-09, 15:43
Plesk though supports both Linux as well as Windows,but is more preferred by web masters/users to manage Windows hosting accounts.

Plesk control panel is mostly preferred for Windows as Plesk is not very compatible with Linux and if you are choosing Linux, the best option is cPanel control panel As if you didn't kno

Dotnetpanel control panel has been widely appreciated as it is a full featured control panel for Windows and is quite stable on Windows hosting platform. Hence, if you do not get Plesk control panel with the hosting package, you can go ahead and choose Dotnetpanel control panel :)

Martin
10-28-09, 19:37
According to me, cPanel is the best control panel. Its excellence with Linux has been the reason that cPanel launched a Windows supported "Enkompass" Edition. Let us see if this Windows supported Edition booms or not.

Amelia
10-29-09, 00:27
cPanel is the most widely used control panel in the webhosting industry. If you are using Linux Server then cPanel works best and if Windows - you can use Plesk. cPanel/WHM is by far the most comprehensive and best-supported control panel.

mander
10-30-09, 14:46
What are some of the ups to Plesk that most people go for when picking it over cPanel? I have never really understood this since I thought both were quite similar.

dncompute
11-02-09, 17:46
I use cpanel as well. It's simple to use, does not require me to speak Chinese (html lol) and I can get away with doing a lot of stuff by instinct. I have never even seen the others you mention but now I have a research project.

mander
11-03-09, 13:54
Right now I am using cPanel and never attempted Plesk but a friend has and says he loves it. Never attempted Dotnet either, is it worth it to switch?

carl owen
11-03-09, 16:28
Right now I am using cPanel and never attempted Plesk but a friend has and says he loves it. Never attempted Dotnet either, is it worth it to switch?

Well, Dotnetpanel is provided for Windows only. If you wish to host your website using ASP, FrontPage, ASP.NET environment, Windows Streaming Media, Access, MS SQL Server, or any of the other Microsoft’s owned technologies then you should opt for Windows hosting. Otherwise, you should stay with Linux :)

When it comes to the control panel, you can choose any of the control panels i.e. Plesk or Dotnetpanel control panel, however, Dotnetpanel is gaining much reputation due to it's features and stability.

All the best!!

Hezekiah Omar
11-04-09, 00:01
Haven't used it,but have heard a lot about it.It is said that,for managing the Windows hosting account,if you not want Plesk,then DotNet panel should be your choice.
It would be helpful to read some information about DotNet Panel,can someone using it shed some light on this?

Amelia
11-04-09, 03:49
DotNetPanel is unique feature-rich solution for simplifying Windows hosting management operations. It manages multiple servers, has robust, scalable and secure architecture, it’s very simple in use and offers unique & competitive features.

The installation process is quick and easy. Overall a great product.

Fletcher
11-04-09, 06:14
" Necessity is the Mother of Invention " , this led to the invention of the DotNet Panel. DotNet Panel has the capability to handle all the requirements for the windows hosting

Joseph
11-04-09, 13:01
Dotnetpanel control panel has great features and has gained a lot of reputation in the web hosting industry due to the easy interface, however, I am sure that everybody in the web hosting industry is waiting for the launch of cPanel Enkompass which is a control panel for Windows. Though, it has not been launched yet, it is expected that cPanel Enkompass will have great features and stability :)

Jonathan
11-04-09, 21:44
cPanel is most often used in my case. I'm used to it pretty much. But in my opinion it can be better. The fact that we got used to something doesn't say much whether the ease of use and functionality is the best.

Neveah
11-05-09, 04:40
I would prefer Cpanel for its esteemed features, i am not sure about DotNet panel, i have heard about it , but never used.

DanaB52
11-05-09, 19:04
I am so used to cpanel I don't even bother with anything else. As the saying goes, if it isn't broken why try and fix it :D. I have enough things to do without trying to fiddle around with a new panel and getting frustrated in the process.

Jeramiah
11-06-09, 05:39
Its beed observed that most of the users here prefer cPanel than any other hosting control panel. Me too have been a user of cPanel for couple of years now, and haven't even once felt like trying a different one.It is due to the features and ease of navigation it offers.

mander
11-06-09, 14:52
Okay then my next question would be if you are used to say cPanel but end up needing a site that used ASP, is it going to be a hard transition for someone moving over to the Dotnetpanel?

Joseph
11-08-09, 13:00
Okay then my next question would be if you are used to say cPanel but end up needing a site that used ASP, is it going to be a hard transition for someone moving over to the Dotnetpanel?

Well, I would say, yes. The reason for this is the fact that cPanel and Dotnetpanel are different control panels. Hence, it is difficult to take the backup of data from cPanel and upload the data through Dotnetpanel on the new hosting package or server.

The best way of moving from cPanel would be to take the backup of all the data and upload the backup to the new hosting package or server through Dotnetpanel :)

Zohann
11-27-09, 06:27
Actually I don't have a favorite control panel. I have an account with three different hosting companies and they all have different CPs. Some use classics, like CPanel and some their own custom ones.

CustomServer
11-27-09, 08:37
I used to administer my sites with CPanel. But couple of years ago I transferred my sites to IXWebHosting.com. They have a control panel I have never seen before. I think it's custom made for them. After getting a hang of it, it is very intuitive to use.

Jonathan
11-27-09, 10:25
I really like CPanel. Don't hold me to my word but I think it is the most used one with hosting setups. It's intuitive and easy to use, in my opinion.

Crazzy
12-01-09, 05:07
I like CPanel pretty much, maybe because I got used to using it, I don't know. I particularly like fantastico department for script installation because it is very easy and intuitive.