PDA

View Full Version : Frontpage Extensions

centelo
07-05-09, 15:51
I need a refresher course, what are FE's used for again? I had to help a friend over the weekend disable theirs since it was messing up their wordpress blog installs and I am still confused how or why it even happened.

Martin
07-06-09, 19:20
Microsoft FrontPage is a part of the Microsoft Office package and is used for the creation and management of websites. FrontPage Extensions are used for dynamic web content, like buttons that change color when the mouse goes over them, on Microsoft FrontPage. As compared to other website-building programs, Microsoft FrontPage Extensions are believed to be easy to used program.

Does that answer your question?

centelo
07-06-09, 20:33
It does and now I understand why it was needed to not be really needed for the friends website. Its just a general blog for an information website, nothing too fancy. I just was thinking if it was turned off, somehow it could be a security issue.

bluetrance05
07-07-09, 18:05
Does your friend runs a website with webhost that has no FrontPage Extension installed in their webserver? If he runs a webhost with FE application, he may have to login into his cPanel and uncheck the box that turns the FE application on so that it won't mess up with the wordpress blog installs.