PDA

View Full Version : what kind?

bluetrance05
06-28-09, 14:50
I am using the hosting server cPanel to manage my website pages and transfer files in order from my PC to my FTP. I am curious, what kind of control panel host do you have in running your website? How was it? What are the features and its disadvantages?

JeremyWJ
06-28-09, 22:00
I use Webmin. Its advantage is its free :). Works as good and does pretty much everything cpanel does also.

I have used cpanel in the past and liked it. If you are going to go with a paid control panel, cpanel is probably the best choice.

carl owen
07-01-09, 13:37
I am using the hosting server cPanel to manage my website pages and transfer files in order from my PC to my FTP. I am curious, what kind of control panel host do you have in running your website? How was it? What are the features and its disadvantages?

Well, if you have cPanel control panel for your server then you have taken the right decision by selecting cPanel control panel as it is one of the best control panel's available :) It has got a lot of features and addons which will allow you to manage your sites and domains very well.

It will also allow you to manage your FTP accounts, databases etc. which is yet another benefit. Fantastico which is included in cPanel control panel makes it easier for you to install scripts like Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal etc. and also includes billing applications with webstats application As if you didn't kno Stability and speed of cPanel control panel is the reason it is mostly preferred.

Disadvantages, well, as far as I know, cPanel control panel does not include any disadvantages ;)

MattBarthorp
07-02-09, 03:26
cPanel is the perfect control panel for managing Linux hosting accounts.In addition to the benefits explained by Carl, o> you can set autoresponders to the mails, o> ample options to view statistics of your domains, o> you can incorporate email addresses, o> manage and remove email addresses according to your requirements, o> you can build up cron jobs with an ease.

The biggest disadvantage IMO is that it does not support Windows platform, though as a matter of fact they are working on producing a product that supports Windows as well.

DavidJ
11-26-09, 06:20
This post strengthens my decision to move my website into Linux, I need to start studying Linux.

But before I do that, does Webmin support Windows based server? If so, I setup my website with the control panel of Webmin while I'm converting my website to be in the Linux based server.

mander
11-27-09, 13:25
Webmin seems pretty popular compared to many others but there is another favorite among many I can not seem to think of the name right now, must be all the turkey I ate yesterday.

webnubie
11-30-09, 03:21
I am using cPanel also as it is the default control panel provided the hosting company I am using. I am very contented with that. Everything I need to manage my website is available there. And, I agree with Carl, cPanel doesn't come with disadvantages :)