PDA

View Full Version : Suspending a reseller account

Vertigo
06-22-09, 17:21
Is there a way in cpanel / WHM where you can suspend a reseller's account but still keep his clients websites up? If I remember correctly, the current method will also take down the end users' websites if the reseller is suspended. It'd be really unfair of me to take them down just because their reseller's been having "problems" (though I know I do have the right). :)

carl owen
06-22-09, 17:54
Well, we must appreciate the thought of keeping the websites of the customers of your resellers up inspite of having problems with the resellers :)

Yes, there is an option in cPanel/WHM control panel to suspend the accounts of resellers and keep the accounts of the customers of your resellers active :dancing: You can do this by following these steps :

When you login into WHM, you can go to main >> account functions >> suspend/unsuspend accounts and then suspend the domains of your resellers and keep the domains of the customers of your resellers active. By this method, the domains of your resellers can be suspended but the domains of the customers of your resellers won't be suspended Smoke

Tip : While suspending the domains of your resellers in WHM, you can also put a reason for suspending the domain name so that you can find out the reason you had suspended the domain name Cool

Vertigo
06-22-09, 20:06
It's that easy? Hmm... does this also lock the reseller out from cPanel and WHM if I suspend them? Or does it just take the site down but still allow access?

Amelia
06-23-09, 02:43
Hi,

Yes, it's quite easy to do that... Suspending an account locks cPanel/WHM access as well.