PDA

View Full Version : Vb integration

markrd
06-20-09, 10:58
Hi, I was thinking about integrating Vbulletin into my site. What I want to know is how hard is this to do? I've never done any type of integration like this before, so any and all help would be appreciated.

Bodhost
06-20-09, 12:25
Hi, I was thinking about integrating Vbulletin into my site. What I want to know is how hard is this to do? I've never done any type of integration like this before, so any and all help would be appreciated.

First of all you need to check server requirement. Vbulletin runs on any server which hass PHP 4.3.3+ and MySQL 4.0.16+. However, it's highly recommended that you use PHP 4.4.2+ and MySQL 5.0.19+. It supports all linux OS distribution and also installs with Windows and Mac.

Vbulletin requires Web space and MySQL database and hence forth you require sufficient space for both.

Are the basic requirement installed on your server ?

Regards,

Shane Phillips

iamsam
06-20-09, 18:37
Is that full integration ie. it shares the same users as your blog, etc. or are you talking about simply installing vBulletin and blending it into your site's design? If it's the latter, then you can simply install vBulletin the same way as you'd install any other script, just follow the installation instructions vBulletin gives you. Blending it into your site's design is simply just modifying the theme to make it fit.

Now, if you're talking about full software integration, then that's another thing entirely. If you don't have any PHP knowledge, then you might need to hire a PHP programmer for this, one who specializes in script integration. Or you could check to see if a bridge script already exists for merging vBulletin with whatever you already have. It probably does, so check the vBulletin website and support forums for that.