PDA

View Full Version : Strange cPanel problem

kirkas
06-20-09, 10:09
Okay, here's something weird. I just moved a cPanel account from one server to another. I didn't really notice anything strange at first, but then I realized that some of the information on cPanel's main page seems to be wrong. It's showing some information that was correct on the original server but is different on the new one. The MySQL version number, for example, is showing the version on the old server. The new server has a different version and if I look at the service status page on cPanel, I see the correct version number for the new server. Also, it seems to be showing the IP address of the old server. I've also noticed that quota meter doesn't appear to have moved in some time, even though more HDD space and bandwidth were definitely used since he transfer.

Aside from this weird thing where the info is wrong, the cPanel account itself works fine. The weird info definitely is not a browser thing, too, since I cleared the browser cache and even checked it in other browsers. It's not that big a deal, but I'd still like to get to the bottom of this. Any ideas?

Dave M
06-20-09, 12:35
Never heard of that kind of problem before. I've heard of cPanel showing the wrong quotas (apparently because it was counting the backups, too), but nothing like this. Hope you get it fixed!

carl owen
06-20-09, 15:01
Well, I think this problem can be solved. To solve this problem, follow the steps given below :

1) Login as SSH root on your server.

2) Then, go to directory /home/cpanel_username (this will be the username of your cpanel control panel).

3) Once you do that, there is a directory called .cpanel and once you find that directory, delete it.

The problem should be solved now.

Hope this solves your problem :)

kirkas
06-21-09, 01:10
Well, deleting the .cpanel directory worked. Thanks, carl owen! Everything's working fine now, but I would like to know what exactly it was that I deleted. Since everything's okay, it probably wasn't anything mission critical, but I'm rather curious. :)

Dave M
06-21-09, 05:04
That was the cPanel cache I think you deleted. I don't quite recall the directory where the cache was stored, but I'm sure it was called .cpanel so that was probably it.

carl owen
06-22-09, 13:15
Well, deleting the .cpanel directory worked. Thanks, carl owen! Everything's working fine now, but I would like to know what exactly it was that I deleted. Since everything's okay, it probably wasn't anything mission critical, but I'm rather curious. :)

:welcome: Great to know that the problem has been solved :)

Actually, the reason that this problem was caused was the fact that when cPanel was migrated from the old server to the new server, the .cpanel directory was also migrated on the new server and hence you could see the older version of MySQL in the cPanel control panel :o

When the .cpanel directory was deleted and you logged into cPanel control panel, a new .cpanel directory was created on the new server and hence you could see the correct information about the MySQL version :)

Please feel free to post if you need any information. BODhost community members will be happy to help you out.