PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Domain & FTP

brandys
06-12-09, 07:22
Is it possible to give my site members, who are using sub domains access to their own files via FTP? If so, can someone explain to me how I would go about this?

Patrick
06-12-09, 14:42
You can create multiple FTP accounts from cPanel >> FTP accounts , set the exact directory path for a particular sub-domain and create the FTP account.Similarly create FTP accounts for all the sub-domains and provide the details to your clients.

Bodhost
06-12-09, 15:29
Is it possible to give my site members, who are using sub domains access to their own files via FTP? If so, can someone explain to me how I would go about this?

It's pretty simple. All you need to do is create an FTP account for the sub-domain and assign priviledges only to that particular directory.

Amelia
06-13-09, 03:22
Right. However, if you enter a single / in the directory box, the new FTP user will have access to the entire public_html directory and all directories under it. If you just want the new user to be able to access a sub-domain, just set the directory box to the same value as the sub-domain's name.