PDA

View Full Version : Helm?

Dawnsday
06-11-09, 06:50
Has anyone used helm? Iíve used it and never had any problems with it but I was wondering what everyone else thought about it?

Rocky
06-11-09, 10:25
Has anyone used helm? Iíve used it and never had any problems with it but I was wondering what everyone else thought about it?Helm is one of the best web hosting control panels :) I've used it & found to be quite good.
It's taken over by Parallels since & haven't heard of any new developments done on it as of now..

squishy
06-11-09, 12:58
Parallels seem to be trying to purchase different control panels and taking the best of each and merge them into one super control panel. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. Plesk, Helm, and H-Sphere are all starting to look more and more like each other with every release. Eventually, there has to be a point where all three just collide and become a single control panel. :D

Dawnsday
06-11-09, 13:03
Wow, I didn't know that Parallels took over Helm. Are you saying they took over Plesk and H-Sphere as well?

squishy
06-11-09, 13:20
As far as I know, Parallels acquired Positive Software (aka Psoft), makers of H-Sphere, and WebHostAutomation, the makers of Helm. Parallels used to be called SWsoft, and their own products are Virtuozzo and Plesk, among others. Quite an impressive line-up, isn't it? They seem to have many fingers in the proverbial web hosting pie. :D

Rocky
06-11-09, 15:58
Parallels are growing.. I've heard they [Parallels] acquired a part of Ensim too, which is one more good control panel in the queue. the only competitors left would be DirectAdmin, cPanel & DotNetPanel :)

gazzie
06-13-09, 03:38
Well, there's also Interworx and Kloxo (formerly Lxadmin, though that's a sad story since the owner of Lxlabs recently committed suicide, so the company may be closing). There's also the multitude of free and/or opensource control panels out there that are a good alternative to the commercial ones, like ISPconfig, Webmin, GNUpanel, etc.