PDA

View Full Version : Custom theme for Plesk control panel?

userdan
06-09-09, 02:54
I know it is possible to customize the theme for cPanel, but is it possible to do the same for Plesk, too? It would be nice if we are able to make Plesk look exactly how we want it to and for branding purposes, as well so any tips would be nice. ^^

Amelia
06-09-09, 04:02
Plesk 9 does provide Customization options as Control Panel Branding, Custom buttons and Interface Preferences. These should help you customize your Plesk Panel.

I hope the above information helps.

squishy
06-11-09, 13:11
What Amelia posted is pretty much what you can do with Plesk. If you're thinking about a complete theme makeover, though, then I think it's possible, but very difficult to do. Plesk isn't as flexible when it comes to theming as cPanel is, unfortunately. Maybe you could try editing Plesk's default theme? That might work.

userdan
06-11-09, 14:11
Ah, I see. Well, at least the default Plesk theme is nice looking already. ;)

I'll try and look into more in-depth customization, perhaps by modifying a copy of the default theme like you suggest, squishy. That actually might work, though I expect it will take a lot of effort. Well, I have time. :D

surreality
06-13-09, 13:21
I believe Plesk comes with 17 standard skins which you can use. It's not exactly the same as having a custom skin, but if your purpose is to look different from most people who use Plesk, then it should serve well enough.

Rocky
06-13-09, 13:49
Yes, Plesk does come with 17 different skins which can be customized as per your needs.. You can customize your control panel look and feel, including logo placement, colors, navigation, icons, fonts and more using common CSS styles..

alyaly
06-14-09, 07:12
I'm not sure I understand the point of customizing your Cpanel or Plesk. I mean no one is going to see it other than Admin personal right?

techgirl
06-14-09, 11:14
Yes, Plesk does come with 17 different skins which can be customized as per your needs.. You can customize your control panel look and feel, including logo placement, colors, navigation, icons, fonts and more using common CSS styles..

WOW, logo placement? Really? That is great! I use Control Panel at this time but have been toying with the notion of switching to Plesk. This is good information to have. Thanks.

Spooky
06-15-09, 07:16
As far as I know, most commercial control panels allow you to customize at least the logo for branding purposes. Not too many webhosts do it, though, as it's sometimes too much effort to do.

gazzie
06-15-09, 11:16
As far as I know, most commercial control panels allow you to customize at least the logo for branding purposes. Not too many webhosts do it, though, as it's sometimes too much effort to do.

I think part of the reason for that is because people actually go looking for a control panel. What I mean is that people sometimes join a host because they're using cPanel or Plesk, etc. They're looking for the familiar. Branding a control panel may be good, but it makes it more difficult for a web host to leverage the control panel as a selling point to prospective clients.

Bodhost
06-15-09, 13:36
I think part of the reason for that is because people actually go looking for a control panel. What I mean is that people sometimes join a host because they're using cPanel or Plesk, etc. They're looking for the familiar. Branding a control panel may be good, but it makes it more difficult for a web host to leverage the control panel as a selling point to prospective clients.

Considering the option of cPanel, look out for dedicated servers instead. Most web hosting providers do not restrict much when it comes to a dedicated server. :)

Regards,

Shane Phillips