PDA

View Full Version : @www.mydomain.com email

markrd
06-08-09, 14:27
I was wondering if there is a way to set up control panel and or WHM to accept emails in the following format? [email protected] and [email protected]?

Rocky
06-08-09, 15:53
I was wondering if there is a way to set up control panel and or WHM to accept emails in the following format? [email protected] and [email protected]?I dont find any differences between the two.. did you miss something or I'm completely blind :)

markrd
06-09-09, 07:23
I dont find any differences between the two.. did you miss something or I'm completely blind :)

Smoke Sorry, yes I missed something. It should have looked like this,
@www.mydomain.com email and user.mydomain.com

iamsam
06-09-09, 12:04
You mean accept emails using [email protected]? I don't think that's possible, though, at least not in cPanel. cPanel doesn't treat www as a subdomain, so while you can have [email protected], you can't have [email protected] Also, unless I'm mistaken, I believe the email protocol does not allow the use of www in the domain of an email address (at least, I haven't seen any).

lucy2u
06-10-09, 05:52
You mean accept emails using [email protected]? I don't think that's possible, though, at least not in cPanel. cPanel doesn't treat www as a subdomain, so while you can have [email protected], you can't have [email protected] Also, unless I'm mistaken, I believe the email protocol does not allow the use of www in the domain of an email address (at least, I haven't seen any).

I agree with you iamsam. I don't think that you can use the www in the email either. But, I'm on limited knowledge here and would love to know the answer to this question from an expert. ANYONE?

markrd
06-10-09, 06:42
Ok thanks. I didn't think there was, but just wanted to see first. I thought I'd read somewhere that it could be done and I can't remember where that was.

carl owen
06-10-09, 14:06
In cPanel, you can surely create an email address like [email protected], however, if you wish to do this, you will have to create a subdomain in cpanel and then only it is possible to create an email address like [email protected] As said previously, it is not possible to create an email address like [email protected]

Also, we would like to know, is there any specific reason you wish to create an email address like [email protected] ?

markrd
06-12-09, 08:18
In cPanel, you can surely create an email address like [email protected], however, if you wish to do this, you will have to create a subdomain in cpanel and then only it is possible to create an email address like [email protected] As said previously, it is not possible to create an email address like [email protected]

Also, we would like to know, is there any specific reason you wish to create an email address like [email protected] ?

Thanks Carl,
Yes there is a reason I wanted to know this information. I have a friend that insist you can make and email such as [email protected] and I've tried to explain to them over and over that you cannot. Now, that I've asked them experts here at Bodhost, I can show them proof as well. Thanks for the help guys

carl owen
06-12-09, 14:31
Thanks Carl,
Yes there is a reason I wanted to know this information. I have a friend that insist you can make and email such as [email protected] and I've tried to explain to them over and over that you cannot. Now, that I've asked them experts here at Bodhost, I can show them proof as well. Thanks for the help guys

You are most welcome. Thank you for letting us know the reason you wanted to have this information and an email address like this one.

Please feel free to post if you would like to have any other information. We would be glad to provide you with the information.