PDA

View Full Version : Number of Domain license?

sandybeach
06-03-09, 04:15
Why do you only have a 10 domain license if you use Plesk rather than unlimited? Is it a matter of the package size from your hosting?

Amelia
06-03-09, 06:00
Hi,

Basically, that is the way Parallels offers their Plesk license.

You can choose the license according to your requirements from:

Plesk for 10 Domains
Plesk for 100 Domains
Plesk for Unlimited Domains

squishy
06-04-09, 01:16
Are there any differences between the licenses aside from the number of domains? Things like number of databases, email accounts, etc. Because if it's all the same except for the number of domains, then a 10 domain license would be good enough for most folks.

On a related note, is reselling capability available on a 10 domain Plesk license?

Amelia
06-04-09, 04:13
Are there any differences between the licenses aside from the number of domains? Things like number of databases, email accounts, etc. Because if it's all the same except for the number of domains, then a 10 domain license would be good enough for most folks.

No, just the number of domains.

On a related note, is reselling capability available on a 10 domain Plesk license?

Could you let me know more about this one?

By any chance did you mean hosting other domains within the same Plesk with Plesk 10 domain license?

Vertigo
06-04-09, 10:42
By any chance did you mean hosting other domains within the same Plesk with Plesk 10 domain license?

I think squishy is talking about web hosting reseller ability like in WHM, where you can resell hosting accounts to people. Looking at the Plesk page at Parallels, it seems there are several access levels available in Plesk:

Administrator
Reseller
Client
Domain Owner
Mail User

I'm interested in this question as well. I'm assuming the 10 domain license gives a Client level access only, ie. you can create up to 10 Domain Owner accounts? Or do we have access to all levels, but are just limited to 10 domains? Well, even if it's just client access, I guess it's still possible to resell since Plesk treats each domain as a separate account (which is much better than how cPanel does things, IMHO).

sandybeach
06-05-09, 20:15
Thanks Amelia for the information. It's easy to get on the wrong track when you are misinformed or just uneducated in the application of different things. You Rock Thanks for all your help!

Amelia
06-06-09, 07:10
I'm interested in this question as well. I'm assuming the 10 domain license gives a Client level access only, ie. you can create up to 10 Domain Owner accounts? Or do we have access to all levels, but are just limited to 10 domains? Well, even if it's just client access, I guess it's still possible to resell since Plesk treats each domain as a separate account (which is much better than how cPanel does things, IMHO).

Yes, with our 10 Domain License you get access to all levels.

Amelia
06-06-09, 07:11
Thanks Amelia for the information. It's easy to get on the wrong track when you are misinformed or just uneducated in the application of different things. You Rock Thanks for all your help!

You're most welcome. Glad I could be of help.

Spooky
06-06-09, 13:39
All access levels are available? That's really great to hear. Even with a 10 domain limit (for the cheapest license), it's still a good deal. It sounds ideal people like web consultants or developers who want to set up their clients' websites for them.

I love how Plesk handles the different user levels (thanks for listing them, Vertigo!), especially how the mail user has its own access level. It's loads better than cPanel in that regard, in my opinion. Giving each domain and email user their own control panel is a better way to organize things than cPanel's messy little method. :)

kirkas
06-08-09, 13:21
So you can resell hosting even with the 10 domain license? That is very good to know. Every penny counts in these hard times. We can upgrade smoothly to a license with more domains if needed, yes? I mean, only the domain limit will change and there will be no downtime during upgrade?

techgirl
06-09-09, 07:17
So you can resell hosting even with the 10 domain license? That is very good to know. Every penny counts in these hard times. We can upgrade smoothly to a license with more domains if needed, yes? I mean, only the domain limit will change and there will be no downtime during upgrade?

Yes, I wonder about the downtime too. Is it possible to do this without downtime or very little downtime?

Dave M
06-09-09, 15:33
The way I understand how these things work, any downtime due to an upgrade will be because of switching servers (though that can be mitigated in a clustered environment). Upgrading the control panel license, though, should not result in any downtime as you're not changing servers or nodes, just changing the control panel license. So, no, there should be no downtime when upgrading the Plesk license.

Amelia
06-10-09, 04:27
The way I understand how these things work, any downtime due to an upgrade will be because of switching servers (though that can be mitigated in a clustered environment). Upgrading the control panel license, though, should not result in any downtime as you're not changing servers or nodes, just changing the control panel license. So, no, there should be no downtime when upgrading the Plesk license.

That's right, in that case only the Plesk License is upgraded. There are no server moves required.

Bodhost
06-10-09, 13:41
Plesk upgrades are instant and completely dependent upon the number of domains that you would like to host.

Regards,

Shane Phillips