PDA

View Full Version : Default homepage?

Dawnsday
05-28-09, 08:00
I recently moved to a new server and unfortunately the new server doesnít create a default home page for itís new clients. When I go to my site all I see is directory listing with cig-gin as the sub-directory. Can anyone please help me out here so I can get my default homepage working correctly?

techgirl
05-28-09, 08:03
Hi Dawnsday,

I'm sorry to hear you are not getting the service you should expect for your server. I know here at Bodhost the support service is awesome. In any case,

You will need to put the default homepage in your

/root/cpanel3-skel/public_html/

It will then be copied to all new accounts you create as root. I hope this helps. let me know if you get it up and running, good luck.

Rocky
05-28-09, 16:33
/root/cpanel3-skel/public_html/
In case those folders aren't present, create them manually :)
-bash-3.2# cd /root/
-bash-3.2# mkdir cpanel3-skel
-bash-3.2# cd cpanel3-skel/
-bash-3.2# mkdir public_html
-bash-3.2# cd public_html/
-bash-3.2# touch default.htmlWhenever a new account is created, cpanel would show this:
Copying skel files from /root/cpanel3-skel/ to /home/someuser/......DoneNow if you go to /home/someuser/public_html/ you'd notice the default.html file there :)

Dawnsday
05-29-09, 05:18
You Rock thanks a lot. I will give this a try and see if it works. I guess I just don't know enough to go it alone on something like this. The support I'm getting with my host on my dedicated server really isn't enough for someone like me. I kind of feel like a bone thrown to a pack of wolfs.