PDA

View Full Version : Cp ?

madmax
05-27-09, 19:29
What exactly is a CP? Do you have a CP with all websites or do some not offer this option? I've also noticed that there is something called a root and WPM? Are these part of the CP or something different? You tech people here rock.

MattBarthorp
05-27-09, 22:31
What exactly is a CP? Do you have a CP with all websites or do some not offer this option? I've also noticed that there is something called a root and WPM? Are these part of the CP or something different? You tech people here rock.

Yeah, I agree.They really have a support crew. I suppose with CP you mean Control Panel. If that is so then it is used for managing a web hosting account.One can create,delete and modify accounts with a control panel.There are many uses of a control panel apart from these.
Root access is nothing but the administrative access to the server.Which means you can install whatever applications you wish to.
Probably you have mistyped WPM, I suppose you mean to say WHM.WHM is an abbreviation of Web Hosting Manager.It is used by resellers.

I hope this has cleared your queries.

madmax
05-28-09, 08:08
Yes, I guess by cp I mean control panel and I guess I did type it wrong, well not really mistyped it but forgot the initials and put in the wrong ones. In short, yes I meant WHM. This is a great explanation and in non-tech English. Thanks for much for taking the time to clear this up for me. Thanx You Rock