PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off chkservd alerts

RichardM
04-01-09, 23:05
I want to turn off just the alerts, not the monitoring.

I already disabled pager alerts in WHM, and even removed my pager address. I still get the alerts.

Disabling the service in /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf will disable the monitoring itself (I think), which is not what I want to do. I just the blasted alerts to stop.

For now, I just entered a seldom-used email address as the pager address. But there has to be a more elegant way to do this.

Thanks,

Richard

Amelia
04-02-09, 03:46
Hi Richard,

These alerts are dispatched to the contacts defined in "basic cPanel/whm setup" section in WHM. Have you removed the address from there?

RichardM
04-02-09, 06:14
Hi Amelia,

That didn't seem to work the first time, but when I changed the address, it did. Now the alerts are being sent to a seldom-used email address, which is better than them keeping me up all night.

Thanks,

Richard

Amelia
04-02-09, 07:23
Hi Amelia,

That didn't seem to work the first time, but when I changed the address, it did. Now the alerts are being sent to a seldom-used email address, which is better than them keeping me up all night.Thanks,Richard

yes, it's good to receive the notifications on one of your emails. It will atleast keep you updated with the service status.