PDA

View Full Version : Any suggesation Web based FTP

Howard
03-21-09, 18:26
Can anyone recommend any web based FTP program?

cpanel file manager is allowing only single file upload which is not enough. I need a web based FTP program which can upload entire directory. All that i found currently are all applets. just wondering if any other application can work the same?

Thanks

Bodhost-Andy
03-21-09, 22:14
Can anyone recommend any web based FTP program?

cpanel file manager is allowing only single file upload which is not enough. I need a web based FTP program which can upload entire directory. All that i found currently are all applets. just wondering if any other application can work the same?

Thanks

I would prefer Ws FTP and net2ftp through those application you can upload entire directory and both FTP applications are very easy to manage........

Amelia
03-21-09, 22:53
I'll recommend using FileZilla.

I have personally been using this and found it to be very user friendly. It is distributed free of charge.

carl
03-21-09, 22:59
I would recommend to use WS_FTP. It is available in many languages. It has many advanced features including: multiple file transfer, Thumbnail view, Active Edit, Transfer Manager, SSL support, advanced security features etc...

Martin
03-22-09, 06:38
I would prefer net2ftp. It is easy to manage. It is not only easy to upload and download files using net2ftp but also it has many additional features which make this web based FTP application unique from others.

To learn more about net2ftp we can browse their site. It is
www [dot] net2ftp [dot] com

Nefrec
03-22-09, 12:19
I used net2ftp before and I'd say it is probably one of the better ones. I really recommend using a software such as Filezilla if you are able to.

Andy007
03-23-09, 14:17
My vote goes for Ws_FTP :) Like carl pointed our its having many useful features and very easy to use.

Lazlo90
03-23-09, 20:02
I'll vouch for Filezilla as well, it's reliable and free!

Also, I'd avoid using those browser based file uploading scripts as they tend to be insecure and also pose as a security threat. I would only use them for a "secret" folder so that you could back up files on the go but even then, I'd use it with caution...

bod-jack
03-24-09, 00:50
I like Ws_FTP pro. It is the best FTP program

Howard
03-24-09, 17:32
i am getting confused now :( having so many options to start with but having many different answers.. i have heard about filezilla but have never used it. what are the reviews about filezilla and Ws_FTP?

Amelia
03-24-09, 23:11
I'll recommend using FileZilla it's free to download and has a very user friendly interface. If you do not like it you always have another choice, that is using Ws_FTP.

Martin
03-25-09, 04:03
Yes, I will also suggest you to go for FileZilla as it is an Open Source FTP program and is freely available. If you aren't satisfied or you aren't able to enjoy the features you need then you can definitely move to Ws_FTP anytime :)

Hope you are no more confused now Smoke

jfileupload
03-25-09, 10:37
Try JFileUpload applet. See jfileupload.com
It comes with basic UI for HTTP and FTP uploads depending on your needs. You also have different UIs if you need to queue file before upload.

Hope it helps.

Howard
03-26-09, 20:14
Ok so filezilla is quiet nice for me as per your suggesation..

Thanx for the guideline seniors.. :)

Amelia
03-26-09, 23:08
Ok so filezilla is quiet nice for me as per your suggesation..

Thanx for the guideline seniors.. :)

You are most welcome!

angelad
04-22-09, 22:08
i am getting confused now :( having so many options to start with but having many different answers.. i have heard about filezilla but have never used it. what are the reviews about filezilla and Ws_FTP?

https://bodybuilderspro.info/customimages/47/1240197088/random.gif

Filezilla is just fine for most. I used to use CuteFTP and its also very simple to use.